Cold sweeps Punjab & Haryana; Hisar coldest at 3.2 C
Chandigarh: Intense cold waves continued to
sweep most parts of Punjab and Haryana Monday, with Hisar reeling at a minimum temperature of 3.2 degrees Celsius.
While the mercury at Hisar settled four notches below
normal, Ambala also braved the cold weather registering a
minimum of 4.7 deg C, down two notches, the MeT said here.
Narnaul also shivered at a low of 4.2 deg C, down three
Karnal recorded a minimum of 6.4 deg C, down three
degrees, while respective lows at Rohtak and Gurgaon settled
at 5.3 deg C and 7.5 deg C.
The mercury at Chandigarh also dropped as cold gripped
the city. The minimum here was 5.8 deg C, one below normal.
In Punjab, Patiala experienced a cold night at 5.9 deg C,
down by a degree.
Ludhiana registered a low of 6.3 deg C, one below normal,
but the low at Amritsar rose slightly to settle at 6.8 deg C,
up two degrees.
The MeT said that fog reduced visibility early this
morning at some places, including Karnal and Rohtak in
The cold conditions are likely to continue over the next
few days in the region, the MeT said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video