Cold wave abates in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave relented a bit in Punjab and Haryana with minimum temperature rising by up to three notches above normal in most parts of the two states.
However, foggy conditions prevailing in various parts of the states disrupted life, with rail and road traffic remaining affected, causing inconvenience to commuters.
Later, as visibility improved, flights from Chandigarh to various states resumed, though with minor delay, officials said.
Narnaul continued to be the coldest place in the region as it recorded minimum of 4 deg C, two notches below normal, the meteorological office said here today.
Hisar, Ambala and Bhiwani in Haryana had a low of 6.6 deg C, 7.8 deg C and 5.6 deg C respectively.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded minimum of 6.6 deg C, up by three notches above normal while Ludhiana and Patiala had low of 7.9 deg C and 8.5 deg C respectively.
According to Met office, weather is likely to remain dry while fog and mist will occur at several places in Punjab and Haryana in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL