Cold wave abates in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave relented a bit in Punjab and Haryana with minimum temperature rising by up to three notches above normal in most parts of the two states.
However, foggy conditions prevailing in various parts of the states disrupted life, with rail and road traffic remaining affected, causing inconvenience to commuters.
Later, as visibility improved, flights from Chandigarh to various states resumed, though with minor delay, officials said.
Narnaul continued to be the coldest place in the region as it recorded minimum of 4 deg C, two notches below normal, the meteorological office said here today.
Hisar, Ambala and Bhiwani in Haryana had a low of 6.6 deg C, 7.8 deg C and 5.6 deg C respectively.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded minimum of 6.6 deg C, up by three notches above normal while Ludhiana and Patiala had low of 7.9 deg C and 8.5 deg C respectively.
According to Met office, weather is likely to remain dry while fog and mist will occur at several places in Punjab and Haryana in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'