Cold wave abates in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave relented a bit in Punjab and Haryana with minimum temperature rising by up to three notches above normal in most parts of the two states.
However, foggy conditions prevailing in various parts of the states disrupted life, with rail and road traffic remaining affected, causing inconvenience to commuters.
Later, as visibility improved, flights from Chandigarh to various states resumed, though with minor delay, officials said.
Narnaul continued to be the coldest place in the region as it recorded minimum of 4 deg C, two notches below normal, the meteorological office said here today.
Hisar, Ambala and Bhiwani in Haryana had a low of 6.6 deg C, 7.8 deg C and 5.6 deg C respectively.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded minimum of 6.6 deg C, up by three notches above normal while Ludhiana and Patiala had low of 7.9 deg C and 8.5 deg C respectively.
According to Met office, weather is likely to remain dry while fog and mist will occur at several places in Punjab and Haryana in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics