Cold wave abates in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave relented a bit in Punjab and Haryana with minimum temperature rising by up to three notches above normal in most parts of the two states.
However, foggy conditions prevailing in various parts of the states disrupted life, with rail and road traffic remaining affected, causing inconvenience to commuters.
Later, as visibility improved, flights from Chandigarh to various states resumed, though with minor delay, officials said.
Narnaul continued to be the coldest place in the region as it recorded minimum of 4 deg C, two notches below normal, the meteorological office said here today.
Hisar, Ambala and Bhiwani in Haryana had a low of 6.6 deg C, 7.8 deg C and 5.6 deg C respectively.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded minimum of 6.6 deg C, up by three notches above normal while Ludhiana and Patiala had low of 7.9 deg C and 8.5 deg C respectively.
According to Met office, weather is likely to remain dry while fog and mist will occur at several places in Punjab and Haryana in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone