Cold wave abates in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave relented a bit in Punjab and Haryana with minimum temperature rising by up to three notches above normal in most parts of the two states.
However, foggy conditions prevailing in various parts of the states disrupted life, with rail and road traffic remaining affected, causing inconvenience to commuters.
Later, as visibility improved, flights from Chandigarh to various states resumed, though with minor delay, officials said.
Narnaul continued to be the coldest place in the region as it recorded minimum of 4 deg C, two notches below normal, the meteorological office said here today.
Hisar, Ambala and Bhiwani in Haryana had a low of 6.6 deg C, 7.8 deg C and 5.6 deg C respectively.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded minimum of 6.6 deg C, up by three notches above normal while Ludhiana and Patiala had low of 7.9 deg C and 8.5 deg C respectively.
According to Met office, weather is likely to remain dry while fog and mist will occur at several places in Punjab and Haryana in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read