Cold wave continues in Punjab, Haryana; Narnaul reels at 2.6 deg C
Chandigarh: Cold wave conditions on Tuesday continued to sweep Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, with temperatures hovering a few notches below the normal.
Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place in the two states at a minimum of 2.6 deg C, four below normal, the MeT here said.
Karnal, too, reeled under severe chill at 3.2 deg C, down six notches, while cold conditions gripped Hisar, where the minimum settled at 3.3 deg C, six notches below normal.
Ambala and Bhiwani also experienced a cold night recording respective below normal minimums of 6.1 deg C and 8.6 deg C.
Severe cold conditions swept Ludhiana in Punjab, which recorded a low of 3.8 deg C, five below normal, while Patiala recorded a low of 4.5 deg C, down four notches.
Amritsar, too, had a cold night at 4.2 deg C, down two notches.
Chandigarh, where the weather was sunny today, also experienced a cold night at 6.5 deg C, two notches below normal.
According to the MeT forecast, light to moderate rains are likely to occur at isolated places in the two states on Thursday and Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state