Cold wave continues in Punjab, Haryana; Narnaul reels at 2.6 deg C
Chandigarh: Cold wave conditions on Tuesday continued to sweep Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, with temperatures hovering a few notches below the normal.
Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place in the two states at a minimum of 2.6 deg C, four below normal, the MeT here said.
Karnal, too, reeled under severe chill at 3.2 deg C, down six notches, while cold conditions gripped Hisar, where the minimum settled at 3.3 deg C, six notches below normal.
Ambala and Bhiwani also experienced a cold night recording respective below normal minimums of 6.1 deg C and 8.6 deg C.
Severe cold conditions swept Ludhiana in Punjab, which recorded a low of 3.8 deg C, five below normal, while Patiala recorded a low of 4.5 deg C, down four notches.
Amritsar, too, had a cold night at 4.2 deg C, down two notches.
Chandigarh, where the weather was sunny today, also experienced a cold night at 6.5 deg C, two notches below normal.
According to the MeT forecast, light to moderate rains are likely to occur at isolated places in the two states on Thursday and Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview