Cold wave continues in Punjab, Haryana; Narnaul reels at 2.6 deg C
Chandigarh: Cold wave conditions on Tuesday continued to sweep Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, with temperatures hovering a few notches below the normal.
Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place in the two states at a minimum of 2.6 deg C, four below normal, the MeT here said.
Karnal, too, reeled under severe chill at 3.2 deg C, down six notches, while cold conditions gripped Hisar, where the minimum settled at 3.3 deg C, six notches below normal.
Ambala and Bhiwani also experienced a cold night recording respective below normal minimums of 6.1 deg C and 8.6 deg C.
Severe cold conditions swept Ludhiana in Punjab, which recorded a low of 3.8 deg C, five below normal, while Patiala recorded a low of 4.5 deg C, down four notches.
Amritsar, too, had a cold night at 4.2 deg C, down two notches.
Chandigarh, where the weather was sunny today, also experienced a cold night at 6.5 deg C, two notches below normal.
According to the MeT forecast, light to moderate rains are likely to occur at isolated places in the two states on Thursday and Friday.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on