Cold wave in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave swept across Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh Friday with minimum temperatures plummeting upto three notches below normal while fog and mist continued to play havoc with normal life in most parts of the region.
The minimum temperature hovered between six degrees celsius above normal to three notches below normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana with icy cold winds blowing across the region, the Met office said here.
Besides this, early morning fog continued to throw normal life out of gear in the region with rail, road and air traffic being adversely affected causing inconvenience to commuters, officials said.
However, visibility improved at the Chandigarh airport with possibility of resumption of certain flights from the city.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Narnaul remained the coldest place with a low of three degrees Celsius, three notches below normal.
While Karnal shivered at a low of 4.2 degrees Celsius, three notches below normal, the minimum at Hisar was five degrees Celsius, one notch below normal.
Among other places, Ambala settled at a low of 5.8 degrees Celsius followed by six degrees Celsius at Patiala, one notch below normal and 6.7 degrees Celsius at Ludhiana.
Chandigarh had a low of seven degrees Celsius, one notch above normal whereas Amritsar settled at a low of 9.2 degrees Celsius, six notches above normal.
The Met forecast drop in minimum temperatures in the region with foggy early morning conditions in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row