Cold wave in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave swept across Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh Friday with minimum temperatures plummeting upto three notches below normal while fog and mist continued to play havoc with normal life in most parts of the region.
The minimum temperature hovered between six degrees celsius above normal to three notches below normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana with icy cold winds blowing across the region, the Met office said here.
Besides this, early morning fog continued to throw normal life out of gear in the region with rail, road and air traffic being adversely affected causing inconvenience to commuters, officials said.
However, visibility improved at the Chandigarh airport with possibility of resumption of certain flights from the city.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Narnaul remained the coldest place with a low of three degrees Celsius, three notches below normal.
While Karnal shivered at a low of 4.2 degrees Celsius, three notches below normal, the minimum at Hisar was five degrees Celsius, one notch below normal.
Among other places, Ambala settled at a low of 5.8 degrees Celsius followed by six degrees Celsius at Patiala, one notch below normal and 6.7 degrees Celsius at Ludhiana.
Chandigarh had a low of seven degrees Celsius, one notch above normal whereas Amritsar settled at a low of 9.2 degrees Celsius, six notches above normal.
The Met forecast drop in minimum temperatures in the region with foggy early morning conditions in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested