Cold wave intensifies in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Bone chilling winds along with
dense fog continued to affect normal life in Punjab and
Haryana with the minimum temperature dropping to below normal.
A thick blanket of fog engulfed several places in both the
states affecting road and rail traffic.
Amritsar remained the coldest place in the region with
mercury settling at 0.3 degrees Celsius, three notches below
normal, MeT office said here.
Chandigarh had a low of 5.2 degrees Celsius, a degree
Narnaul recorded a minimum of 0.5 degrees Celsius, 4
notches below normal, while Ambala and Hisar had a low of
5.5 degrees Celsius and 2.6 degrees Celsius respectively.
Karnal recorded a minimum of 3.5 degrees Celsius, four
degrees below normal.
Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 6 degrees Celsius and
4.8 degrees Celsius respectively, up to 2 degrees below
Dense fog is expected to continue in both the states, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it