Cold wave intensifies in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Bone chilling winds along with
dense fog continued to affect normal life in Punjab and
Haryana with the minimum temperature dropping to below normal.
A thick blanket of fog engulfed several places in both the
states affecting road and rail traffic.
Amritsar remained the coldest place in the region with
mercury settling at 0.3 degrees Celsius, three notches below
normal, MeT office said here.
Chandigarh had a low of 5.2 degrees Celsius, a degree
Narnaul recorded a minimum of 0.5 degrees Celsius, 4
notches below normal, while Ambala and Hisar had a low of
5.5 degrees Celsius and 2.6 degrees Celsius respectively.
Karnal recorded a minimum of 3.5 degrees Celsius, four
degrees below normal.
Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 6 degrees Celsius and
4.8 degrees Celsius respectively, up to 2 degrees below
Dense fog is expected to continue in both the states, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez