Cold wave intensifies in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Bone chilling winds along with
dense fog continued to affect normal life in Punjab and
Haryana with the minimum temperature dropping to below normal.
A thick blanket of fog engulfed several places in both the
states affecting road and rail traffic.
Amritsar remained the coldest place in the region with
mercury settling at 0.3 degrees Celsius, three notches below
normal, MeT office said here.
Chandigarh had a low of 5.2 degrees Celsius, a degree
Narnaul recorded a minimum of 0.5 degrees Celsius, 4
notches below normal, while Ambala and Hisar had a low of
5.5 degrees Celsius and 2.6 degrees Celsius respectively.
Karnal recorded a minimum of 3.5 degrees Celsius, four
degrees below normal.
Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 6 degrees Celsius and
4.8 degrees Celsius respectively, up to 2 degrees below
Dense fog is expected to continue in both the states, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city