Cold wave relents in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: The ongoing intense cold conditions in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh abated Thursday with the minimum temperatures rising by up to three notches above normal at several parts of the region.
The minimum temperatures fluctuated between two to three degrees Celsius above normal at most of the places in Punjab and Haryana, while at a few areas the mercury was just one degree Celsius below normal, the MeT office said here.
Ludhiana was the coldest place in the plains of Punjab and Haryana with a low of six degrees Celsius, one notch below normal.
While Karnal and Patiala settled at an identical low of 6.4 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal, the minimum at Hisar and Amritsar was an identical 6.8 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal.
Among other places, Ambala had a low of 7.4 degrees Celsius followed by 7.9 degrees Celsius at Narnaul, three notches above normal.
However, foggy and misty conditions prevailed at Patiala, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Hisar, Ambala and Karnal.
The MeT has forecast rise in temperatures in the region during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!