Cold wave sweeps many places in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Tuesday prevailed at many places in Punjab and Haryana where Hisar was the coldest place in the region with a low of 5.6 degrees Celsius.
While Narnaul recorded a low of 6.5 degrees Celsius, three notches below normal, Bhiwani and Ambala recorded minimums of 10.1 degrees Celsius and 11.7 degrees Celsius respectively. Chandigarh recorded a low of 9.8 degrees Celsius.
In Punjab, Amritsar, which was engulfed in fog this morning, was the coldest place at a low of 6 degrees Celsius, down two notches while Ludhiana also experienced a cold night at 8.2 degrees Celsius, two degrees below normal.
Patiala registered a low of 10.1 degrees Celsius.
According to the MeT forecast, the day would be partly cloudy in Haryana and Punjab and light to moderate rain or thundershowers would occur at isolated places in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read