Cold wave sweeps many places in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Tuesday prevailed at many places in Punjab and Haryana where Hisar was the coldest place in the region with a low of 5.6 degrees Celsius.
While Narnaul recorded a low of 6.5 degrees Celsius, three notches below normal, Bhiwani and Ambala recorded minimums of 10.1 degrees Celsius and 11.7 degrees Celsius respectively. Chandigarh recorded a low of 9.8 degrees Celsius.
In Punjab, Amritsar, which was engulfed in fog this morning, was the coldest place at a low of 6 degrees Celsius, down two notches while Ludhiana also experienced a cold night at 8.2 degrees Celsius, two degrees below normal.
Patiala registered a low of 10.1 degrees Celsius.
According to the MeT forecast, the day would be partly cloudy in Haryana and Punjab and light to moderate rain or thundershowers would occur at isolated places in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery