Cold wave sweeps Punjab and Haryana as mercury dips further
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Monday intensified in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, with mercury dipping by a few notches below the normal level.
Chandigarh experienced the chill recording a minimum temperature of 5.4 degrees Celsius, one notch below normal, the MeT said here.
In Haryana, Hisar braved the chill at a low of 3.8 deg C, down two notches.
Narnaul and Bhiwani were equally cold recording respective lows of 4 deg C and 4.6 deg C.
Bhiwani (4.6 C), Karnal (4 C) and Ambala (7.5 C) also experienced a cold night.
In Punjab, Amritsar was cold at a low of 4.2 deg C.
Ludhiana and Patiala recorded respective minimums of 6.7 and and 6.6 deg C.
The MeT said that fog reduced visibility this morning at Ludhiana and Karnal. In its forecast, MeT said that cold conditions would prevail in the region over the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter