Cold wave sweeps Punjab and Haryana as mercury dips further
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Monday intensified in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, with mercury dipping by a few notches below the normal level.
Chandigarh experienced the chill recording a minimum temperature of 5.4 degrees Celsius, one notch below normal, the MeT said here.
In Haryana, Hisar braved the chill at a low of 3.8 deg C, down two notches.
Narnaul and Bhiwani were equally cold recording respective lows of 4 deg C and 4.6 deg C.
Bhiwani (4.6 C), Karnal (4 C) and Ambala (7.5 C) also experienced a cold night.
In Punjab, Amritsar was cold at a low of 4.2 deg C.
Ludhiana and Patiala recorded respective minimums of 6.7 and and 6.6 deg C.
The MeT said that fog reduced visibility this morning at Ludhiana and Karnal. In its forecast, MeT said that cold conditions would prevail in the region over the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics