Cold wave sweeps Punjab and Haryana as mercury dips further
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Monday intensified in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, with mercury dipping by a few notches below the normal level.
Chandigarh experienced the chill recording a minimum temperature of 5.4 degrees Celsius, one notch below normal, the MeT said here.
In Haryana, Hisar braved the chill at a low of 3.8 deg C, down two notches.
Narnaul and Bhiwani were equally cold recording respective lows of 4 deg C and 4.6 deg C.
Bhiwani (4.6 C), Karnal (4 C) and Ambala (7.5 C) also experienced a cold night.
In Punjab, Amritsar was cold at a low of 4.2 deg C.
Ludhiana and Patiala recorded respective minimums of 6.7 and and 6.6 deg C.
The MeT said that fog reduced visibility this morning at Ludhiana and Karnal. In its forecast, MeT said that cold conditions would prevail in the region over the next two days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory