Cold wave sweeps Punjab and Haryana as mercury dips further
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Monday intensified in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, with mercury dipping by a few notches below the normal level.
Chandigarh experienced the chill recording a minimum temperature of 5.4 degrees Celsius, one notch below normal, the MeT said here.
In Haryana, Hisar braved the chill at a low of 3.8 deg C, down two notches.
Narnaul and Bhiwani were equally cold recording respective lows of 4 deg C and 4.6 deg C.
Bhiwani (4.6 C), Karnal (4 C) and Ambala (7.5 C) also experienced a cold night.
In Punjab, Amritsar was cold at a low of 4.2 deg C.
Ludhiana and Patiala recorded respective minimums of 6.7 and and 6.6 deg C.
The MeT said that fog reduced visibility this morning at Ludhiana and Karnal. In its forecast, MeT said that cold conditions would prevail in the region over the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre