Cold wave sweeps Punjab and Haryana as mercury dips further
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Monday intensified in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, with mercury dipping by a few notches below the normal level.
Chandigarh experienced the chill recording a minimum temperature of 5.4 degrees Celsius, one notch below normal, the MeT said here.
In Haryana, Hisar braved the chill at a low of 3.8 deg C, down two notches.
Narnaul and Bhiwani were equally cold recording respective lows of 4 deg C and 4.6 deg C.
Bhiwani (4.6 C), Karnal (4 C) and Ambala (7.5 C) also experienced a cold night.
In Punjab, Amritsar was cold at a low of 4.2 deg C.
Ludhiana and Patiala recorded respective minimums of 6.7 and and 6.6 deg C.
The MeT said that fog reduced visibility this morning at Ludhiana and Karnal. In its forecast, MeT said that cold conditions would prevail in the region over the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city