Cold wave sweeps Punjab & Haryana; Narnaul reels at 2.5 C
Chandigarh: Biting cold wave conditions today had most places in Punjab and Haryana under its grip, with Narnaul shivering at 2.5 C.
The minimum temperatures further dropped since yesterday, the MeT Department said here.
Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place in the two states at a minimum of 2.5 deg C, 2.5 degrees below yesterdays temperature.
Karnal, too, reeled under severe chill at 2.8 deg C, down six notches while cold conditions gripped Hisar, where the minimum settled at 3.6 deg C, five notches below normal.
Ambala and Bhiwani also experienced a cold night recording respective below normal minimums of 6.4 deg C and 7.2 deg C.
Ludhiana in Punjab shivered at a low of 4.4 deg C, five below normal while Patiala recorded a low of 5.9 deg C, down three notches.
Amritsar, too, had a cold night at 5.7 deg C.
Union Territory Chandigarh, where the weather was cloudy today, also witnessed a drop in its minimum temperature since yesterday, which settled at 6.5 deg C, one notch below normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead