Cold wave sweeps Punjab & Haryana; Narnaul reels at 2.5 C
Chandigarh: Biting cold wave conditions today had most places in Punjab and Haryana under its grip, with Narnaul shivering at 2.5 C.
The minimum temperatures further dropped since yesterday, the MeT Department said here.
Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place in the two states at a minimum of 2.5 deg C, 2.5 degrees below yesterdays temperature.
Karnal, too, reeled under severe chill at 2.8 deg C, down six notches while cold conditions gripped Hisar, where the minimum settled at 3.6 deg C, five notches below normal.
Ambala and Bhiwani also experienced a cold night recording respective below normal minimums of 6.4 deg C and 7.2 deg C.
Ludhiana in Punjab shivered at a low of 4.4 deg C, five below normal while Patiala recorded a low of 5.9 deg C, down three notches.
Amritsar, too, had a cold night at 5.7 deg C.
Union Territory Chandigarh, where the weather was cloudy today, also witnessed a drop in its minimum temperature since yesterday, which settled at 6.5 deg C, one notch below normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in