Cold wave sweeps Punjab & Haryana; Narnaul reels at 2.5 C
Chandigarh: Biting cold wave conditions today had most places in Punjab and Haryana under its grip, with Narnaul shivering at 2.5 C.
The minimum temperatures further dropped since yesterday, the MeT Department said here.
Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place in the two states at a minimum of 2.5 deg C, 2.5 degrees below yesterdays temperature.
Karnal, too, reeled under severe chill at 2.8 deg C, down six notches while cold conditions gripped Hisar, where the minimum settled at 3.6 deg C, five notches below normal.
Ambala and Bhiwani also experienced a cold night recording respective below normal minimums of 6.4 deg C and 7.2 deg C.
Ludhiana in Punjab shivered at a low of 4.4 deg C, five below normal while Patiala recorded a low of 5.9 deg C, down three notches.
Amritsar, too, had a cold night at 5.7 deg C.
Union Territory Chandigarh, where the weather was cloudy today, also witnessed a drop in its minimum temperature since yesterday, which settled at 6.5 deg C, one notch below normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him