Cold wave sweeps Punjab & Haryana; Narnaul reels at 2.5 C
Chandigarh: Biting cold wave conditions today had most places in Punjab and Haryana under its grip, with Narnaul shivering at 2.5 C.
The minimum temperatures further dropped since yesterday, the MeT Department said here.
Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place in the two states at a minimum of 2.5 deg C, 2.5 degrees below yesterdays temperature.
Karnal, too, reeled under severe chill at 2.8 deg C, down six notches while cold conditions gripped Hisar, where the minimum settled at 3.6 deg C, five notches below normal.
Ambala and Bhiwani also experienced a cold night recording respective below normal minimums of 6.4 deg C and 7.2 deg C.
Ludhiana in Punjab shivered at a low of 4.4 deg C, five below normal while Patiala recorded a low of 5.9 deg C, down three notches.
Amritsar, too, had a cold night at 5.7 deg C.
Union Territory Chandigarh, where the weather was cloudy today, also witnessed a drop in its minimum temperature since yesterday, which settled at 6.5 deg C, one notch below normal.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday