College student crushed to death by police vehicle in Ambala
Ambala: A college student here was crushed to death allegedly by a police gypsy near Nortom Chowk Wednesday evening, triggering violent protests by students who ransacked a bus.
The incident occurred when the deceased, identified as Amardeep, a student of GMN College, was returning home from college.
When he was trying to stop his bike for a routine check by police, a police vehicle coming from the same direction hit his motorbike and ran over him, resulting in his death.
After learning about the incident, agitated students of the college blocked traffic and ransacked a bus of Haryana roadways, police said.
The students were demanding registration of a murder case against the police official who was driving the police gypsy.
Commissioner of Police Rajbir Deswal and DCP Venod Kaushaik rushed to the spot and the traffic was restored after the police pacified the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir