College student crushed to death by police vehicle in Ambala
Ambala: A college student here was crushed to death allegedly by a police gypsy near Nortom Chowk Wednesday evening, triggering violent protests by students who ransacked a bus.
The incident occurred when the deceased, identified as Amardeep, a student of GMN College, was returning home from college.
When he was trying to stop his bike for a routine check by police, a police vehicle coming from the same direction hit his motorbike and ran over him, resulting in his death.
After learning about the incident, agitated students of the college blocked traffic and ransacked a bus of Haryana roadways, police said.
The students were demanding registration of a murder case against the police official who was driving the police gypsy.
Commissioner of Police Rajbir Deswal and DCP Venod Kaushaik rushed to the spot and the traffic was restored after the police pacified the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport