College student crushed to death by police vehicle in Ambala
Ambala: A college student here was crushed to death allegedly by a police gypsy near Nortom Chowk Wednesday evening, triggering violent protests by students who ransacked a bus.
The incident occurred when the deceased, identified as Amardeep, a student of GMN College, was returning home from college.
When he was trying to stop his bike for a routine check by police, a police vehicle coming from the same direction hit his motorbike and ran over him, resulting in his death.
After learning about the incident, agitated students of the college blocked traffic and ransacked a bus of Haryana roadways, police said.
The students were demanding registration of a murder case against the police official who was driving the police gypsy.
Commissioner of Police Rajbir Deswal and DCP Venod Kaushaik rushed to the spot and the traffic was restored after the police pacified the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!