Community policing to have separate cadre in Punjab: Sukhbir Singh Badal
Chandigarh: Punjab government will soon create a separate cadre for community policing in the state.
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday directed Principal Secretary (Home) Jagpal Singh to create a separate cadre for community policing to ensure smooth functioning of `Sanjh Kendras` in the state, an official release said here.
The Deputy Chief Minister said it was essential to have a separate cadre for community policing as frequent transfers and change of personnel disrupted the smooth functioning of the Kendras.
"Once the new cadre is formed, personnel posted in it would not be able to seek transfers to others wings of the police department," an official release quoting Sukhbir said.
He directed that this new cadre be constituted within a fortnight.
`Sanjh Kendras` is an e-governance project of government providing services so that police can be made citizen-friendly.
Meanwhile, Sukhbir also directed that a special task force be constituted under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Sarvesh Kaushal to integrate the delivery model of all services given by the Kendras.
"This was done after feedback that due to the multiplicity of departments, there was sometimes delay in the delivery of the services", he said.
All back-end information will be digitised to make the work of the `Sanjh Kendras` easier and more efficient, the release said.
At least 17,744 cases pertaining to women, children, economic and social problems were solved by `Sanjh Kendras` during the current year, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31