Compensation given to gastroenteritis victims in Punjab
Batala (Punjab): Compensation of Rs One lakh each was on Saturday given to families of the deceased who died of gastroenteritis.
At least 22 persons lost their lives in the last fortnight due to outbreak of gastroenteritis and cholera which spread following the mixing of sewage water in the drinking water supply pipes.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, who had visited the epidemic-hit area on Tuesday, announced Rs one lakh each compensation.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative