Compensation given to gastroenteritis victims in Punjab
Batala (Punjab): Compensation of Rs One lakh each was on Saturday given to families of the deceased who died of gastroenteritis.
At least 22 persons lost their lives in the last fortnight due to outbreak of gastroenteritis and cholera which spread following the mixing of sewage water in the drinking water supply pipes.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, who had visited the epidemic-hit area on Tuesday, announced Rs one lakh each compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre