Compensation given to gastroenteritis victims in Punjab
Batala (Punjab): Compensation of Rs One lakh each was on Saturday given to families of the deceased who died of gastroenteritis.
At least 22 persons lost their lives in the last fortnight due to outbreak of gastroenteritis and cholera which spread following the mixing of sewage water in the drinking water supply pipes.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, who had visited the epidemic-hit area on Tuesday, announced Rs one lakh each compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH