Complete administrative reforms by 2011: Sukhbir
Jalandhar: Punjab Deputy Chief
Minister Sukhbir Badal on Tuesday said complete administrative
reforms would be implemented in the state by March next year
under which as many as 324 services would be simplified to
extend benefit to the people.
"The process of administrative reforms has already
been started and accordingly now the people will not have to
give cumbersome affidavit for getting any government facility
and now people will have to go for self-attestation instead of
affidavits," Sukhbir, who was here to participate in the
procession taken out on the eve of Ram Navami, told reporters.
It has been decided to release the package of
administrative reforms after every three months so that the
whole process could be completed by March 2011, he said
adding under the reforms services to people would be provided
in a simplified and people-friendly manner.
Regarding the long power cuts prevailing in the
state, Sukhbir expressed his inability to improve the
situation and passed the buck to Central government and
alleged it was due to the callous attitude of the Centre.
"States are helpless as everything related to power
be it coal of dams directly come under the Centre and in case
of non-availability of such resources, the state could not do
much in the field of power generation," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!