Complete Bandh in Phagwara protesting BJP leader’s murder
Phagwara: A complete bandh was observed in
Phagwara on Saturday in protest against the killing of former BJP
youth wing leader Sudarshan Dhillon.
Former block president of Bharatiya Janta Yuva Morcha`s
Phagwara unit, Dhillon was travelling alone in his Maruti Alto
when four armed men, who were in a Scorpio jeep, intercepted
his car and attacked him with sharp edged weapons yesterday.
They later fired bullets from a close range into his
head and killed him at the spot.
Punjab state BJP President Ashwani Sharma, who visited
the residence of Dhillon for expressing sympathy with the
bereaved family here last evening, flayed "weak" handling of
firing incidents in Phagwara by police.
He warned that the state government would take strict
action in case police failed to solve the case within 72
Meanwhile, Punjab Technical Education Minister Swarna
Ram also flayed killing of Dhillon.
He saw a deep-rooted consiparcy in repeated attacks on
On the other hand, senior Congress leader and former
Punjab Minister Joginder Singh Maan and Punjab Congress
Secretary Gurbachan Singh Walia also criticised growing
incidents of firings in Phagwara.
Maan demanded a CBI probe into these incidents.
He declared that he will take up the matter with
Opposition Leader in Punjab Vidhan Sabha Rajinder Kaur Bhattal
for raising the issue on the floors of the assembly.
Meanwhile, DIG Jalandhar Range Sharad Satya Chauhan has
constituted a high-level three districts police chiefs panel
for solving the case.
SSPs of Kapurthala, Nawanshahr and Jalandhar (Rural)
districts Ram Singh, Rakesh Aggarwal and Ashish Chowdhar
respectively are in the panel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users