Cong condemns killing of youth by Akali leader`s nephew
Chandigarh: The Congress Thursday condemned the
killing of a youth by the nephew of a SAD MLA here.
"It is shocking to see how Akalis are taking law into
their hands without any fear of punishment...It seems they
have been provided legal immunity by the (state) government,"
Punjab PCC president Amarinder Singh told reporters here.
32-year-old Gur Kerat Singh, son of a hotelier, was shot
dead by SAD MLA Sarabjit Singh Makkar`s nephew Ram Simran
Singh Makkar and his three accomplices in the wee hours today.
Demanding immediate arrest of the accused, Amarinder said
police officials trying to shield them will have to face dire
He said a few months ago, Akali MLA from Banga, Mohan Lal
killed his cousin and personal assistant.
Though a case was booked against him. he was not even
questioned, Amarinder claimed.
"It is shameful that people are being killed by those who
are supposed to protect them and yet they go scott free," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed