Cong condemns killing of youth by Akali leader`s nephew
Chandigarh: The Congress Thursday condemned the
killing of a youth by the nephew of a SAD MLA here.
"It is shocking to see how Akalis are taking law into
their hands without any fear of punishment...It seems they
have been provided legal immunity by the (state) government,"
Punjab PCC president Amarinder Singh told reporters here.
32-year-old Gur Kerat Singh, son of a hotelier, was shot
dead by SAD MLA Sarabjit Singh Makkar`s nephew Ram Simran
Singh Makkar and his three accomplices in the wee hours today.
Demanding immediate arrest of the accused, Amarinder said
police officials trying to shield them will have to face dire
He said a few months ago, Akali MLA from Banga, Mohan Lal
killed his cousin and personal assistant.
Though a case was booked against him. he was not even
questioned, Amarinder claimed.
"It is shameful that people are being killed by those who
are supposed to protect them and yet they go scott free," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?