Cong demands dismissal of two Punjab ministers
Jalandhar: Accusing Punjab ministers Bikram Majithia and Gulzar Singh Ranike of being involved in embezzlement of public money, Congress Thursday demanded their immediate dismissal from the state cabinet.
"CBI has registered an FIR against three Youth Akali leaders, who were front men of Majithia, in a fraudulent land acquisition case...This is open loot of public exchequer and gross misuse of ministerial authority by the revenue minister," Congress leader Sukhpal Singh Khaira said.
CBI should also include Majithia`s name in the FIR as one of the main accused, he said.
"Ranike, animal husbandry minister, has embezzled over Rs five crore of Border Area Development Programme (BADP) fund," Khaira alleged, adding, "It is highly imperative that these two ministers be dismissed from the cabinet, so that a fair investigation can be carried out."
The investigation into the misappropriation of funds should be handed over to CBI, as no transparent inquiry is possible by the Punjab Police, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday