Cong demands dismissal of two Punjab ministers
Jalandhar: Accusing Punjab ministers Bikram Majithia and Gulzar Singh Ranike of being involved in embezzlement of public money, Congress Thursday demanded their immediate dismissal from the state cabinet.
"CBI has registered an FIR against three Youth Akali leaders, who were front men of Majithia, in a fraudulent land acquisition case...This is open loot of public exchequer and gross misuse of ministerial authority by the revenue minister," Congress leader Sukhpal Singh Khaira said.
CBI should also include Majithia`s name in the FIR as one of the main accused, he said.
"Ranike, animal husbandry minister, has embezzled over Rs five crore of Border Area Development Programme (BADP) fund," Khaira alleged, adding, "It is highly imperative that these two ministers be dismissed from the cabinet, so that a fair investigation can be carried out."
The investigation into the misappropriation of funds should be handed over to CBI, as no transparent inquiry is possible by the Punjab Police, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3