Cong demands dismissal of two Punjab ministers
Jalandhar: Accusing Punjab ministers Bikram Majithia and Gulzar Singh Ranike of being involved in embezzlement of public money, Congress Thursday demanded their immediate dismissal from the state cabinet.
"CBI has registered an FIR against three Youth Akali leaders, who were front men of Majithia, in a fraudulent land acquisition case...This is open loot of public exchequer and gross misuse of ministerial authority by the revenue minister," Congress leader Sukhpal Singh Khaira said.
CBI should also include Majithia`s name in the FIR as one of the main accused, he said.
"Ranike, animal husbandry minister, has embezzled over Rs five crore of Border Area Development Programme (BADP) fund," Khaira alleged, adding, "It is highly imperative that these two ministers be dismissed from the cabinet, so that a fair investigation can be carried out."
The investigation into the misappropriation of funds should be handed over to CBI, as no transparent inquiry is possible by the Punjab Police, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!