Cong demands dismissal of two Punjab ministers
Jalandhar: Accusing Punjab ministers Bikram Majithia and Gulzar Singh Ranike of being involved in embezzlement of public money, Congress Thursday demanded their immediate dismissal from the state cabinet.
"CBI has registered an FIR against three Youth Akali leaders, who were front men of Majithia, in a fraudulent land acquisition case...This is open loot of public exchequer and gross misuse of ministerial authority by the revenue minister," Congress leader Sukhpal Singh Khaira said.
CBI should also include Majithia`s name in the FIR as one of the main accused, he said.
"Ranike, animal husbandry minister, has embezzled over Rs five crore of Border Area Development Programme (BADP) fund," Khaira alleged, adding, "It is highly imperative that these two ministers be dismissed from the cabinet, so that a fair investigation can be carried out."
The investigation into the misappropriation of funds should be handed over to CBI, as no transparent inquiry is possible by the Punjab Police, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal