Cong demands dismissal of two Punjab ministers
Jalandhar: Accusing Punjab ministers Bikram Majithia and Gulzar Singh Ranike of being involved in embezzlement of public money, Congress Thursday demanded their immediate dismissal from the state cabinet.
"CBI has registered an FIR against three Youth Akali leaders, who were front men of Majithia, in a fraudulent land acquisition case...This is open loot of public exchequer and gross misuse of ministerial authority by the revenue minister," Congress leader Sukhpal Singh Khaira said.
CBI should also include Majithia`s name in the FIR as one of the main accused, he said.
"Ranike, animal husbandry minister, has embezzled over Rs five crore of Border Area Development Programme (BADP) fund," Khaira alleged, adding, "It is highly imperative that these two ministers be dismissed from the cabinet, so that a fair investigation can be carried out."
The investigation into the misappropriation of funds should be handed over to CBI, as no transparent inquiry is possible by the Punjab Police, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB