Cong demands probe into humiliation of Punjab IAS officer
Chandigarh: The Congress on Wednesday demanded a
probe into the "humiliation" of a senior IAS officer in Punjab
who sought premature retirement after an alleged indirect
run-in with the chief minister`s family.
"An officer of Commissioner level was disgracefully
shunted out of office for having the courage to get buses
belonging to the Chief Minister`s family dislodged for being
illegally parked and operated from a Mohali shop-cum-office
complex," Punjab Congress Spokesman Sukhpal Singh Khaira said
Jasbir Singh Bir, secretary of the general administration
department, yesterday sought premature retirement from service
charging that he underwent "severe mental trauma".
"It is saddening to note that officers are willing to
become handy tools to the whims and fancies of such arrogant
hot headed politicians," he hit out.
Bir`s resignation has confirmed that the Parkash Singh
Badal government is using administrative machinery as a tool
to browbeat its opponents, Khaira alleged.
The party demand a thorough probe into the "humiliation"
of the officer to find out who is responsible for "not
carrying out his official orders presumably under political
patronage of none less than the Chief Minister`s family".
The Congress also wanted a time-bound inquiry to fix
responsibility on the "erring junior officer" and demanded
"the buses of Orbit company belonging to the Chief Minister`s
family be immediately removed" from the commercial complex in
Bir was shunted out from the post in December last year
to a junior posting as Director, Cultural Affairs, after an
alleged indirect run-in with the Deputy Chief Minister over
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi