Cong demands white paper on spending by Badal family
Chandigarh: The Congress on Wednesday alleged it
was refused information under the RTI Act on details of
expenditures made by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and
his family on foreign trips, personal security cover, among
others, and demanded a white paper on the spendings.
"I was refused information under the RTI Act about their
(Badal and family) security cover, travel expenses, etc under
the pretext of secrecy," Punjab Congress spokesperson Sukhpal
Singh Khaira said.
"The Badal family, true to its feudal style, for the last
four years has put more burden on debt-ridden public exchequer
for personal whims and fancies," he alleged and demanded a
white paper on "wasteful and unproductive expenditure"
incurred by the Badal family.
The white paper should include expenses on security,
tours and travels, medical expenses, hospitality, electricity
and telephone bills and expenses of the staff of CM and
Deputy CM and the charges for usage of helicopter.
Spending crores of rupees annually on usage of helicopter
is uncalled for, Khaira said and alleged official choppers
were often used by Badal`s family members and close relatives
for personal trips.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer