Cong demands white paper on spending by Badal family
Chandigarh: The Congress on Wednesday alleged it
was refused information under the RTI Act on details of
expenditures made by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and
his family on foreign trips, personal security cover, among
others, and demanded a white paper on the spendings.
"I was refused information under the RTI Act about their
(Badal and family) security cover, travel expenses, etc under
the pretext of secrecy," Punjab Congress spokesperson Sukhpal
Singh Khaira said.
"The Badal family, true to its feudal style, for the last
four years has put more burden on debt-ridden public exchequer
for personal whims and fancies," he alleged and demanded a
white paper on "wasteful and unproductive expenditure"
incurred by the Badal family.
The white paper should include expenses on security,
tours and travels, medical expenses, hospitality, electricity
and telephone bills and expenses of the staff of CM and
Deputy CM and the charges for usage of helicopter.
Spending crores of rupees annually on usage of helicopter
is uncalled for, Khaira said and alleged official choppers
were often used by Badal`s family members and close relatives
for personal trips.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh