Cong demands white paper on spending by Badal family
Chandigarh: The Congress on Wednesday alleged it
was refused information under the RTI Act on details of
expenditures made by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and
his family on foreign trips, personal security cover, among
others, and demanded a white paper on the spendings.
"I was refused information under the RTI Act about their
(Badal and family) security cover, travel expenses, etc under
the pretext of secrecy," Punjab Congress spokesperson Sukhpal
Singh Khaira said.
"The Badal family, true to its feudal style, for the last
four years has put more burden on debt-ridden public exchequer
for personal whims and fancies," he alleged and demanded a
white paper on "wasteful and unproductive expenditure"
incurred by the Badal family.
The white paper should include expenses on security,
tours and travels, medical expenses, hospitality, electricity
and telephone bills and expenses of the staff of CM and
Deputy CM and the charges for usage of helicopter.
Spending crores of rupees annually on usage of helicopter
is uncalled for, Khaira said and alleged official choppers
were often used by Badal`s family members and close relatives
for personal trips.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Fire alarm forces AI to divert Mumbai-Newark flight
- Canada reaffirms support for India's NSG membership bid
- His LS constituency flooded, PM Modi deputes MP for help
- Cricket reforms: BCCI submits Compliance Report to Supreme Court-appointed Justice RM Lodha panel
- Hours-long attack on Kabul American university kills sixteen