Cong MP demands vacant hospital to be turned into cancer-care facility
Sangrur: In light of increasing number of cancer cases in Malwa belt, a Congress MP on Sunday demanded that the vacant Ghabdan Kothi hospital be converted into a cancer-care facility.
Sangrur MP Vijay Inder Singla said this today while raising concern over a recent survey that revealed an increase in the number of cancer cases in the Malwa belt.
Singla said the 100-bedded government hospital for TB at Ghabdan Kothi, which has been in a state of neglect for past two decades, should be converted into a Cancer speciality hospital as it is easily approachable being located on Sangrur-Patiala highway.
According to a recent survey, as many as 2191 persons had died due to cancer during last five years in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users
- Shocking! Three murders within 48 hours in Delhi
- Copa America Final: Time for Messi to end Argentina drought in Copa final?
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth