Cong MP demands vacant hospital to be turned into cancer-care facility
Sangrur: In light of increasing number of cancer cases in Malwa belt, a Congress MP on Sunday demanded that the vacant Ghabdan Kothi hospital be converted into a cancer-care facility.
Sangrur MP Vijay Inder Singla said this today while raising concern over a recent survey that revealed an increase in the number of cancer cases in the Malwa belt.
Singla said the 100-bedded government hospital for TB at Ghabdan Kothi, which has been in a state of neglect for past two decades, should be converted into a Cancer speciality hospital as it is easily approachable being located on Sangrur-Patiala highway.
According to a recent survey, as many as 2191 persons had died due to cancer during last five years in the district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference