Cong MP demands vacant hospital to be turned into cancer-care facility
Sangrur: In light of increasing number of cancer cases in Malwa belt, a Congress MP on Sunday demanded that the vacant Ghabdan Kothi hospital be converted into a cancer-care facility.
Sangrur MP Vijay Inder Singla said this today while raising concern over a recent survey that revealed an increase in the number of cancer cases in the Malwa belt.
Singla said the 100-bedded government hospital for TB at Ghabdan Kothi, which has been in a state of neglect for past two decades, should be converted into a Cancer speciality hospital as it is easily approachable being located on Sangrur-Patiala highway.
According to a recent survey, as many as 2191 persons had died due to cancer during last five years in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015