Cong MP demands vacant hospital to be turned into cancer-care facility
Sangrur: In light of increasing number of cancer cases in Malwa belt, a Congress MP on Sunday demanded that the vacant Ghabdan Kothi hospital be converted into a cancer-care facility.
Sangrur MP Vijay Inder Singla said this today while raising concern over a recent survey that revealed an increase in the number of cancer cases in the Malwa belt.
Singla said the 100-bedded government hospital for TB at Ghabdan Kothi, which has been in a state of neglect for past two decades, should be converted into a Cancer speciality hospital as it is easily approachable being located on Sangrur-Patiala highway.
According to a recent survey, as many as 2191 persons had died due to cancer during last five years in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’