Cong MP demands vacant hospital to be turned into cancer-care facility
Sangrur: In light of increasing number of cancer cases in Malwa belt, a Congress MP on Sunday demanded that the vacant Ghabdan Kothi hospital be converted into a cancer-care facility.
Sangrur MP Vijay Inder Singla said this today while raising concern over a recent survey that revealed an increase in the number of cancer cases in the Malwa belt.
Singla said the 100-bedded government hospital for TB at Ghabdan Kothi, which has been in a state of neglect for past two decades, should be converted into a Cancer speciality hospital as it is easily approachable being located on Sangrur-Patiala highway.
According to a recent survey, as many as 2191 persons had died due to cancer during last five years in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!