Cong patronising Dera Sacha Sauda, alleges Dal Kha
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa on Sunday accused the Congress party of patronising Sirsa-based Dera Sacha Sauda headed by Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh.
In a statement here, it also accused the sect chief of engineering violence in Sirsa town in Haryana that left 12 people injured.
Yesterday, a clash erupted between followers of Dera Sacha Sauda and a group of Sikhs in Sirsa leaving 12 people injured.
Six vehicles were also set ablaze during the violence, police had said.
The Congress party in Delhi, Haryana and Punjab had been patronising the Dera to reap electoral benefits, alleged Manjinder Singh and Sarbjit Singh Ghuman, General Secretary and Secretary of the Dal Khalsa respectively.
"The manner in which the Z-plus security and bullet-proof vehicles have been provided to him (the sect chief) smacks of the state protecting its honoured guest," they said in the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen