Cong patronising Dera Sacha Sauda, alleges Dal Kha
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa on Sunday accused the Congress party of patronising Sirsa-based Dera Sacha Sauda headed by Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh.
In a statement here, it also accused the sect chief of engineering violence in Sirsa town in Haryana that left 12 people injured.
Yesterday, a clash erupted between followers of Dera Sacha Sauda and a group of Sikhs in Sirsa leaving 12 people injured.
Six vehicles were also set ablaze during the violence, police had said.
The Congress party in Delhi, Haryana and Punjab had been patronising the Dera to reap electoral benefits, alleged Manjinder Singh and Sarbjit Singh Ghuman, General Secretary and Secretary of the Dal Khalsa respectively.
"The manner in which the Z-plus security and bullet-proof vehicles have been provided to him (the sect chief) smacks of the state protecting its honoured guest," they said in the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- India link emerges in $3.5-billion forex trading fraud at HSBC
- Govt job! Intelligence Bureau invites application for 209 Security Assistant posts
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Saina Nehwal seeded fifth; PV Sindhu, K Srikanth get ninth seed
- Afghan officials report Taliban attacks in northern province
- Sachin Saga: Tendulkar set to appear in world of digital gaming