Cong patronising Dera Sacha Sauda, alleges Dal Kha
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa on Sunday accused the Congress party of patronising Sirsa-based Dera Sacha Sauda headed by Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh.
In a statement here, it also accused the sect chief of engineering violence in Sirsa town in Haryana that left 12 people injured.
Yesterday, a clash erupted between followers of Dera Sacha Sauda and a group of Sikhs in Sirsa leaving 12 people injured.
Six vehicles were also set ablaze during the violence, police had said.
The Congress party in Delhi, Haryana and Punjab had been patronising the Dera to reap electoral benefits, alleged Manjinder Singh and Sarbjit Singh Ghuman, General Secretary and Secretary of the Dal Khalsa respectively.
"The manner in which the Z-plus security and bullet-proof vehicles have been provided to him (the sect chief) smacks of the state protecting its honoured guest," they said in the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch