Cong seeks central forces deployment for Dasuya by-poll
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress on Tuesday sought deployment of security forces for the July 11 Dasuya Assembly bye-election.
The demand was made by Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee President Amarinder Singh in a letter to the Chief Election Commissioner.
Singh said there was every apprehension that the ruling SAD-BJP alliance might misuse power to rig the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Johar visits 'Befikre' sets, gets emotional cherishing 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' days!
- Bizarre: Man puts wife at stake in IPL gambling, loses her
- Awesome! Taapsee Pannu gives a dose of royal purple to her gorgeous tresses! – See pic
- Stunner Shilpa Shetty gives ultimate 'summer fashion' goals in crisp white!
- Is Delhi on terror radar? This week's bus explosion in Haryana hints at 'something big'