Cong seeks white paper on financial assistance to Punjab
Chandigarh: The Opposition Congress on Thursday
sought from the ruling SAD-BJP combine a white paper on
financial assistance to the state from the Centre during the
UPA and NDA regimes.
"The Punjab government should bring a white paper on the
financial assistance the government had received during the
NDA and the UPA regime," Leader of Opposition Rajinder Kaur
"The white paper will clear all the misleadings of the
ruling party in Punjab," she said.
Participating in the motion of thanks on the Governor`s
address in the state Assembly here, Bhattal said, "Attempts
have been made in the governor`s address to hide the
weaknesses of the SAD-BJP combine government... the address is
baseless, false and misleading."
Earlier, the House also condoled the death of former MP
and MLA Prem Singh Lalpura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?