Cong slams SAD-BJP govt in Punjab
Chandigarh: The Congress on Sunday slammed the
ruling SAD-BJP alliance in Punjab accusing it of failing to
curb road accidents.
Punjab Congress spokesman Sukhpal Singh Khaira cited
official figures as per which over 4,000 lives were lost every
year in road accidents in the state.
He said on an average 18 major accidents occur each day
leaving over 10 persons dead.
The problems of the ordinary and common citizens have
taken a back seat and are not on the agenda of the state
government, he alleged.
The Congress demanded that the Chief Minister must convene
a special session of state Assembly to discuss various issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP