Cong slams SAD-BJP govt in Punjab
Chandigarh: The Congress on Sunday slammed the
ruling SAD-BJP alliance in Punjab accusing it of failing to
curb road accidents.
Punjab Congress spokesman Sukhpal Singh Khaira cited
official figures as per which over 4,000 lives were lost every
year in road accidents in the state.
He said on an average 18 major accidents occur each day
leaving over 10 persons dead.
The problems of the ordinary and common citizens have
taken a back seat and are not on the agenda of the state
government, he alleged.
The Congress demanded that the Chief Minister must convene
a special session of state Assembly to discuss various issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says