Cong slams SAD-BJP govt in Punjab
Chandigarh: The Congress on Sunday slammed the
ruling SAD-BJP alliance in Punjab accusing it of failing to
curb road accidents.
Punjab Congress spokesman Sukhpal Singh Khaira cited
official figures as per which over 4,000 lives were lost every
year in road accidents in the state.
He said on an average 18 major accidents occur each day
leaving over 10 persons dead.
The problems of the ordinary and common citizens have
taken a back seat and are not on the agenda of the state
government, he alleged.
The Congress demanded that the Chief Minister must convene
a special session of state Assembly to discuss various issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'