Cong to contest Block Samiti, District council poll in Punjab
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress today said it will contest the forthcoming Block Samiti and District Council elections.
PPCC President Partap Singh Bajwa after meeting of party leaders here said that Congress would go to polls with the determination of winning majority, a party release said.
Bajwa said that he also held a meeting with Congress MPs in Delhi and they have given their consent to contest elections on party symbol.
He said they would expose before the people alleged hollow promises made by the SAD-BJP alliance government.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- One dead, three injured in building collapse in old Delhi
- Prince 'diagnosed with AIDS' months before his death?
- Seer Trikal Bhavanta, who threatened to take 'samadhi' during Simhastha Kumbh, arrested
- VIDEO: That's huge! Watch 11 biggest sixes in Indian Premier League history ever
- Uttarakhand political crisis: BJP offered Rs 50 crore, party tickets and RS seats to Congress MLAs?