Cong to contest Block Samiti, District council poll in Punjab
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress today said it will contest the forthcoming Block Samiti and District Council elections.
PPCC President Partap Singh Bajwa after meeting of party leaders here said that Congress would go to polls with the determination of winning majority, a party release said.
Bajwa said that he also held a meeting with Congress MPs in Delhi and they have given their consent to contest elections on party symbol.
He said they would expose before the people alleged hollow promises made by the SAD-BJP alliance government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued