Cong to contest Block Samiti, District council poll in Punjab
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress today said it will contest the forthcoming Block Samiti and District Council elections.
PPCC President Partap Singh Bajwa after meeting of party leaders here said that Congress would go to polls with the determination of winning majority, a party release said.
Bajwa said that he also held a meeting with Congress MPs in Delhi and they have given their consent to contest elections on party symbol.
He said they would expose before the people alleged hollow promises made by the SAD-BJP alliance government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17