Cong to contest Block Samiti, District council poll in Punjab
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress today said it will contest the forthcoming Block Samiti and District Council elections.
PPCC President Partap Singh Bajwa after meeting of party leaders here said that Congress would go to polls with the determination of winning majority, a party release said.
Bajwa said that he also held a meeting with Congress MPs in Delhi and they have given their consent to contest elections on party symbol.
He said they would expose before the people alleged hollow promises made by the SAD-BJP alliance government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed