Cong to release white paper on central grants to Punjab
Patiala: Accusing the SAD-BJP government
of not utilising funds received from the Centre, Congress in
Punjab on Saturday said it would release a white paper on central
grants to the state both during UPA and the previous NDA.
The party will come up with the white paper at its
two-day session to be held in Mohali on September 27 and 28,
Congress Legislature Party leader Rajinder Kaur Bhattal told
Claiming that huge amounts of money were being
sanctioned by the Union government for development work in
Punjab, she said central funds running into crores had lapsed
due to the state government`s alleged inaction.
Asked about the demand of SAD regarding royalty on
Punjab waters, she said Punjab Congress has called the
meeting of all PCC members? legislators and former ministers
on June 21 at Chandigarh to discuss the issue.
The CLP leader also demanded immediate roll back of 3
per cent hike in electricity duty from 10 to 13 per cent,
saying it had badly hit the industrial sector in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened