Cong to release white paper on central grants to Punjab
Patiala: Accusing the SAD-BJP government
of not utilising funds received from the Centre, Congress in
Punjab on Saturday said it would release a white paper on central
grants to the state both during UPA and the previous NDA.
The party will come up with the white paper at its
two-day session to be held in Mohali on September 27 and 28,
Congress Legislature Party leader Rajinder Kaur Bhattal told
Claiming that huge amounts of money were being
sanctioned by the Union government for development work in
Punjab, she said central funds running into crores had lapsed
due to the state government`s alleged inaction.
Asked about the demand of SAD regarding royalty on
Punjab waters, she said Punjab Congress has called the
meeting of all PCC members? legislators and former ministers
on June 21 at Chandigarh to discuss the issue.
The CLP leader also demanded immediate roll back of 3
per cent hike in electricity duty from 10 to 13 per cent,
saying it had badly hit the industrial sector in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars