Congress` days in power are numbered: Sukhbir Badal
Mansa (Pb): Reverse countdown of Congress-led UPA government has begun, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal claimed Tuesday.
"The Congress party is jittery as it knows that its days in power are numbered and they know that people have made up their mind to kick them out of power. It is behaving like a lamp that burns brightly before getting blown out in dark," Badal told reporters here.
The deputy chief minister claimed, "Heightened activity, increasing nervousness, depleting numbers in Lok Sabha, restiveness of so called allies and fear of being branded anti-people of being associated with Congress party, collectively indicates towards early demise of Congress led UPA-II."
"The minority UPA government has no right to take any major policy decision as it has lost right to govern the country," he said.
He criticised the UPA government for allegedly ignoring the claim of Rs 5,112 crore drought relief for Punjab farmers.
"Even the final figures of this year`s monsoon rains released by meteorological department pointed out that Punjab was the worst sufferer of the drought and delayed rains and rain deficiency in Punjab was 42 per cent, maximum in the country," he said.
"Denying drought relief to a state that had maximum rain deficiency reflected anti-Punjab and discriminatory attitude of Congress-led UPA government," Badal alleged.
He questioned the "criminal silence" of Punjab Congress President and former Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, "on this grave injustice to Punjab that affected 80 per cent population of the state."
On the Centre`s decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail, Badal said the UPA government should have taken into confidence all stakeholders before taking this important decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire