Congress has conceded defeat before polls: Sukhbir
Gurdaspur: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday said Congress has conceded defeat in the Lok Sabha elections with PCC chief Amarinder Singh saying that Congress high command should not expect too many seats from the state.
Badal said the leakage of the "survey report" that Congress is set to lose 11 out 13 Lok Sabha seats was a tactical move by Singh to convey the message to Congress High Command that it should not expect too many seats from Punjab so that he could escape the aftermath of a debacle.
Addressing a gathering at the Baba Bhurewala Sports and Cultural Fair here, he said he was slightly in disagreement with the "Congress survey" as according to his own estimates Congress is set to lose all the Lok Sabha 13 seats in Punjab.
Rubbishing Congress leader Rajinder Kaur Bhattal`s recent statement regarding possibility of a mid-term poll in the state, Badal said that at present Congress leadership in Punjab has understood the fact that Congress would not return to power in Punjab during their lifetime and by making such statements they are just trying to raise the morale of party workers.
Later he told mediapersons that the state government was committed to checking the menace of drug trafficking and pointed out that out of the total drug recoveries in the country 70 per cent was being made by Punjab Police.
He said that Punjab being a border state was bearing the brunt of international drug trafficking.
Badal slammed the UPA government for raising prices of petrol, diesel and LPG and said all decisions of the UPA Government were focused on filling the coffers of MNCs.
He also said that Shiromani Akali Dal would continue to struggle till Chandigarh was transferred to Punjab and Punjab was restored its water rights.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged