Congress instigating violence to hide failure: SAD
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal on Saturday accused Congress of fomenting violence in Punjab to cover up its failure in the recently-concluded panchayat polls.
After the panchayat polls fiasco, Congress is instigating violence in the state to cover up its failure, SAD treasurer and joint secretary, NK Sharma, in a statement issued here.
SAD-BJP government was fully committed to safeguard people in the state and will not allow any one to encourage violence, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini
- Half the town is gone, says Amatrice mayor as 6.2-magnitude earthquake strikes central Italy; toll rises to 14
- Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan to go dancing in 'ABCD 3'?