Congress leader joins SAD
Chandigarh: In a jolt to the Congress in Punjab, senior leader Deepinder Singh Dhillon joined the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) along with his supporters here on Thursday.
Dhillon was included in SAD in the presence of SAD Patron and Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Parkash Singh Badal, SAD President and Deputy Chief Minister Sardar Sukhbir Singh Badal and President of Youth Akali Dal and Cabinet Minister Sardar Bikram Singh Majithia.
Welcoming him into the party fold, Badal said that today was a red letter day for the SAD as a committed public leader like Dhillon had joined the party.
He said that with the joining of Deepinder, the SAD would get a fresh vigour and its base would be further strengthened in the state.
Training his guns on the Congress, Badal said that it has always worked on the policy of "Divide and Rule" to capture power in the state whereas the SAD had remained a votary of communal harmony and peace due to which people were reposing their unflinching faith in it.
Recalling the age old ties of Dhillon`s family with the Akali Dal, the Chief Minister said that his father had served as Attorney General during the government headed by Justice Gurnam Singh due to which they had cordial relations with each other.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India