Congress MLA booked in Rs 60 cr fraud case
Chandigarh: Police have registered a case of cheating and forgery against Punjab Congress MLA Jeet Mohinder Singh Sidhu, who represents Talwandi Sabo in Bathinda district, and six others.
The case was lodged on the directions of a local court after a complaint by Delhi resident Raman Uppal that he had been duped of Rs 60 crore by fraudulent replacement of directors in a firm called International Customer Related Management Services (ICRMS) Private Limited, police said.
The MLA and others allegedly transferred shareholdings, structure and assets of ICRMS through forgery of valuable security and falsification of company records, following which the existing directors of the company were replaced, they said.
The other accused have been identified as Sukhbir Singh Shergill, resident of SAS Nagar, his wife Gurbir Kaur Shergill, Narinder Singh, Rajdeep Singh, Brij Kishore Tiwari, all residents of Ludhiana, and Kamal Kishore Gupta, resident of Delhi.
The Shergills are relatives of Sidhu. It has also been alleged that money had misappropriated from ICRMS.
Uppal has demanded investigation by the directorate of enforcement, union ministry of finance.
When contacted, Mohinder claimed he had no connection with ICRMS and the case was politically motivated. He said he would take legal action against the complainant.
A case has been registered against the accused under relevant sections of the IPC, including Section 420 (cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property), 464 (making a false document) and Section 466 (forgery of record of court or of public register).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says