Congress MP visits family of slain Punjab cop
Amritsar: A Congress MP on Friday visited the family of assistant sub inspector Ravinderpal Singh who was shot dead allegedly by an Akali leader after he objected to the harassment of his daughter.
Gurdaspur MP Partap Singh Bajwa sought immediate resignation of Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, as he was heading the state Home Department.
"The Badals are responsible for changing the basic character of the Shiromani Akali Dal. Law and order situation in Punjab has gone from bad to worse...," Bajwa claimed.
When the policemen and their daughters are not safe, how can ordinary men expect safety in Punjab, he wondered.
Singh was killed on Wednesday after he asked the youths, including the SAD leader, who used to allegedly tease his daughter, to stop harassing her.
The cop had reached the spot after being informed by his 23-year-old daughter, who had earlier also complained that she was chased and teased by these youths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan