Congress MP visits family of slain Punjab cop
Amritsar: A Congress MP on Friday visited the family of assistant sub inspector Ravinderpal Singh who was shot dead allegedly by an Akali leader after he objected to the harassment of his daughter.
Gurdaspur MP Partap Singh Bajwa sought immediate resignation of Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, as he was heading the state Home Department.
"The Badals are responsible for changing the basic character of the Shiromani Akali Dal. Law and order situation in Punjab has gone from bad to worse...," Bajwa claimed.
When the policemen and their daughters are not safe, how can ordinary men expect safety in Punjab, he wondered.
Singh was killed on Wednesday after he asked the youths, including the SAD leader, who used to allegedly tease his daughter, to stop harassing her.
The cop had reached the spot after being informed by his 23-year-old daughter, who had earlier also complained that she was chased and teased by these youths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband