Congress MP visits family of slain Punjab cop
Amritsar: A Congress MP on Friday visited the family of assistant sub inspector Ravinderpal Singh who was shot dead allegedly by an Akali leader after he objected to the harassment of his daughter.
Gurdaspur MP Partap Singh Bajwa sought immediate resignation of Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, as he was heading the state Home Department.
"The Badals are responsible for changing the basic character of the Shiromani Akali Dal. Law and order situation in Punjab has gone from bad to worse...," Bajwa claimed.
When the policemen and their daughters are not safe, how can ordinary men expect safety in Punjab, he wondered.
Singh was killed on Wednesday after he asked the youths, including the SAD leader, who used to allegedly tease his daughter, to stop harassing her.
The cop had reached the spot after being informed by his 23-year-old daughter, who had earlier also complained that she was chased and teased by these youths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31