Congress on verge of extinction in India: Badal
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal president Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday said the Congress was on the verge of extinction in the country and its leaders, especially in Punjab, were leaving the party.
Addressing rallies in Moga assembly constituency for the Feb 23 by-election, Badal said the Akali Dal "was flooded with requests from Congress leaders wanting to join the party".
"The Congress is on the verge of extinction in India and in Punjab, there is complete demoralisation within the party. Senior Congressmen are scared that their party will never come back to power," he said.
Forecasting the disappearance of the Congress from the political map of India after the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Badal said the people of the country were tired of inflation and scams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video