Congress on verge of extinction in India: Badal
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal president Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday said the Congress was on the verge of extinction in the country and its leaders, especially in Punjab, were leaving the party.
Addressing rallies in Moga assembly constituency for the Feb 23 by-election, Badal said the Akali Dal "was flooded with requests from Congress leaders wanting to join the party".
"The Congress is on the verge of extinction in India and in Punjab, there is complete demoralisation within the party. Senior Congressmen are scared that their party will never come back to power," he said.
Forecasting the disappearance of the Congress from the political map of India after the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Badal said the people of the country were tired of inflation and scams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof