Congress on verge of extinction in India: Badal
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal president Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday said the Congress was on the verge of extinction in the country and its leaders, especially in Punjab, were leaving the party.
Addressing rallies in Moga assembly constituency for the Feb 23 by-election, Badal said the Akali Dal "was flooded with requests from Congress leaders wanting to join the party".
"The Congress is on the verge of extinction in India and in Punjab, there is complete demoralisation within the party. Senior Congressmen are scared that their party will never come back to power," he said.
Forecasting the disappearance of the Congress from the political map of India after the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Badal said the people of the country were tired of inflation and scams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!