Congress on verge of extinction in India: Badal
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal president Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday said the Congress was on the verge of extinction in the country and its leaders, especially in Punjab, were leaving the party.
Addressing rallies in Moga assembly constituency for the Feb 23 by-election, Badal said the Akali Dal "was flooded with requests from Congress leaders wanting to join the party".
"The Congress is on the verge of extinction in India and in Punjab, there is complete demoralisation within the party. Senior Congressmen are scared that their party will never come back to power," he said.
Forecasting the disappearance of the Congress from the political map of India after the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Badal said the people of the country were tired of inflation and scams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi