Congress, SAD activists clash in Bathinda
Chandigarh: Activists of ruling Shiromani
Akali Dal (SAD) and opposition Congress in Punjab clashed in
Dyalpura Bhaike village of Bathinda district here, Police said
The incident, in which gun fires were shot in the air and
window panes of several vehicles were also smashed, took place
yesterday, as reported .
According to police, activists of Congress alleged that
Gurpreet Singh Maluka, son of a senior SAD leader and other
Akali workers were distributing money among the voters, luring
them to cast their votes in favour SAD candidate.
SAD activists, however, alleged that they were
campaigning in the village when some Congress workers attacked
them without any intimidation, Police added.
No person was injured in the face-off and a case has been
registered against the activists of both the parties, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur