Congress, SAD activists clash in Bathinda
Chandigarh: Activists of ruling Shiromani
Akali Dal (SAD) and opposition Congress in Punjab clashed in
Dyalpura Bhaike village of Bathinda district here, Police said
The incident, in which gun fires were shot in the air and
window panes of several vehicles were also smashed, took place
yesterday, as reported .
According to police, activists of Congress alleged that
Gurpreet Singh Maluka, son of a senior SAD leader and other
Akali workers were distributing money among the voters, luring
them to cast their votes in favour SAD candidate.
SAD activists, however, alleged that they were
campaigning in the village when some Congress workers attacked
them without any intimidation, Police added.
No person was injured in the face-off and a case has been
registered against the activists of both the parties, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'