Congress, SAD activists clash in Bathinda
Chandigarh: Activists of ruling Shiromani
Akali Dal (SAD) and opposition Congress in Punjab clashed in
Dyalpura Bhaike village of Bathinda district here, Police said
The incident, in which gun fires were shot in the air and
window panes of several vehicles were also smashed, took place
yesterday, as reported .
According to police, activists of Congress alleged that
Gurpreet Singh Maluka, son of a senior SAD leader and other
Akali workers were distributing money among the voters, luring
them to cast their votes in favour SAD candidate.
SAD activists, however, alleged that they were
campaigning in the village when some Congress workers attacked
them without any intimidation, Police added.
No person was injured in the face-off and a case has been
registered against the activists of both the parties, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!
- Demand to ban advertisements on fairness creams in RS
- Migaloo sighting alert! White humpback whale spotted off Australia's Byron Bay (See pic)