Congress, SAD activists clash in Bathinda
Chandigarh: Activists of ruling Shiromani
Akali Dal (SAD) and opposition Congress in Punjab clashed in
Dyalpura Bhaike village of Bathinda district here, Police said
The incident, in which gun fires were shot in the air and
window panes of several vehicles were also smashed, took place
yesterday, as reported .
According to police, activists of Congress alleged that
Gurpreet Singh Maluka, son of a senior SAD leader and other
Akali workers were distributing money among the voters, luring
them to cast their votes in favour SAD candidate.
SAD activists, however, alleged that they were
campaigning in the village when some Congress workers attacked
them without any intimidation, Police added.
No person was injured in the face-off and a case has been
registered against the activists of both the parties, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him