Congress` show cause notice to Brar for his remarks against Sonia, Rahul
Chandigarh: Congress today issued a show cause notice to its senior leader from Punjab Jagmeet Singh Brar who has created a flutter by asking Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi to take a break in the wake of the party`s worst-ever debacle in Lok Sabha polls.
The action was taken against Brar, a former CWC member, by Punjab PCC Chief Pratap Singh Bajwa following a direction from AICC General Secretary Shakeel Ahmed.
The notice was issued a day after Brar remarked there was "no harm" if Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi take a two-year break in the wake of the poll debacle.
Brar, a former MP from Punjab, had also said that all general secretaries of AICC should have resigned by now after the worst drubbing of Congress and the party mantle be handed over to a new set of leaders.
Taking a serious note of the "irresponsible and highly undesirable utterances" of Brar, Bajwa issued the notice to him seeking an explanation for his conduct by August 5.
In Delhi, Ahmed said he has asked Bajwa to seek an explanation from Brar and after the response, the party would proceed further.
Ahmed felt the outburst of Brar could be the result of his losing elections one after another as he may be feeling disheartened.
"Brar is asking the leadership to take a break after defeat in one election, then what he should do after losing a lot of elections?", Ahmed said taking a dig at the former MP.
Congress`s Deputy Leader in the Lok Sabha and former Chief Minister Amarinder Singh also criticised Brar for his remarks.
"He has no right to advise the Congress president .. .It is the Congress president to decide what to do," Amarinder Singh told reporters in Patiala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj