Congress to show Majithia`s CD in Punjab: Amarinder
Moga: With the political heat gaining momentum ahead of the Assembly by-elections here, the Congress on Saturday announced it will put on display the CDs showing SAD minister Bikram Singh Majithia hurling abuses during House proceedings in the recently-concluded Winter session.
Party state president Amarinder Singh, who was accompanying congress candidate Vijay Kumar Sathi during his filing of nomination papers, said it will "expose the real face" of the SAD-BJP government.
Singh said, the party has made 10,000 copies of the CD which are being distributed among people.
When asked whether they will be permitted to show the CD, Singh said the content is already in public domain ever since the proceedings were shown live from the Vidhan Sabha.
"What Majithia said inside the Assembly was telecast live with the speaker`s permission only, and people recorded it at that time," Singh said.
He expressed confidence that the party will post a record win in the elections.
Expressing apprehensions that the state police may not be able discharge its duties honestly under the present regime, Singh requested the Election Commission to ensure presence of adequate Central forces for the by-poll.
Amarinder also sought transfer of current Moga SSP, claiming that he is close to the state government.
Meanwhile, Congress candidate Sathi also filed his nomination papers today for the Moga by-polls.
In his affidavit, Sathi disclosed that he possesses assets including Rs 1.25 lakh in cash, immovable property worth Rs 3.90 lakh, gold ornaments worth Rs 5.5 lakh and commercial property of the value of Rs 20 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...