Congress to show Majithia`s CD in Punjab: Amarinder
Moga: With the political heat gaining momentum ahead of the Assembly by-elections here, the Congress on Saturday announced it will put on display the CDs showing SAD minister Bikram Singh Majithia hurling abuses during House proceedings in the recently-concluded Winter session.
Party state president Amarinder Singh, who was accompanying congress candidate Vijay Kumar Sathi during his filing of nomination papers, said it will "expose the real face" of the SAD-BJP government.
Singh said, the party has made 10,000 copies of the CD which are being distributed among people.
When asked whether they will be permitted to show the CD, Singh said the content is already in public domain ever since the proceedings were shown live from the Vidhan Sabha.
"What Majithia said inside the Assembly was telecast live with the speaker`s permission only, and people recorded it at that time," Singh said.
He expressed confidence that the party will post a record win in the elections.
Expressing apprehensions that the state police may not be able discharge its duties honestly under the present regime, Singh requested the Election Commission to ensure presence of adequate Central forces for the by-poll.
Amarinder also sought transfer of current Moga SSP, claiming that he is close to the state government.
Meanwhile, Congress candidate Sathi also filed his nomination papers today for the Moga by-polls.
In his affidavit, Sathi disclosed that he possesses assets including Rs 1.25 lakh in cash, immovable property worth Rs 3.90 lakh, gold ornaments worth Rs 5.5 lakh and commercial property of the value of Rs 20 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday