Congress wants to divide country: SAD
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal on Tuesday
condemned the statement of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi
asking Uttar Pradesh youth not to go to Punjab and Maharashtra
to earn their livelihood.
The party said in a statement here that a "nefarious
attempt (by Congress) to disrespect" the hardworking labour
class of Uttar Pradesh aims at creating a regional divide in
the country for petty political gains.
It is clear that the Congress which always "pretended to
be a nationalist party" has stooped low to create regional
fissures in the country, the party said.
Party Secretary and spokesman Daljit Singh Cheema alleged
that the Congress has failed to do anything to help the labour
and working class in the Uttar Pradesh and now it was
misleading them and preventing them from exploring job avenues
in other states.
He said Gandhi should come out with the truth as to why
the Congress failed to deliver when it remained in power for
so long at the Centre. It should also explain what it had done
for the welfare of the people and for containing widespread
unemployment in the country, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you