Congress wants to divide country: SAD
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal on Tuesday
condemned the statement of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi
asking Uttar Pradesh youth not to go to Punjab and Maharashtra
to earn their livelihood.
The party said in a statement here that a "nefarious
attempt (by Congress) to disrespect" the hardworking labour
class of Uttar Pradesh aims at creating a regional divide in
the country for petty political gains.
It is clear that the Congress which always "pretended to
be a nationalist party" has stooped low to create regional
fissures in the country, the party said.
Party Secretary and spokesman Daljit Singh Cheema alleged
that the Congress has failed to do anything to help the labour
and working class in the Uttar Pradesh and now it was
misleading them and preventing them from exploring job avenues
in other states.
He said Gandhi should come out with the truth as to why
the Congress failed to deliver when it remained in power for
so long at the Centre. It should also explain what it had done
for the welfare of the people and for containing widespread
unemployment in the country, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers