Congress wants to divide country: SAD
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal on Tuesday
condemned the statement of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi
asking Uttar Pradesh youth not to go to Punjab and Maharashtra
to earn their livelihood.
The party said in a statement here that a "nefarious
attempt (by Congress) to disrespect" the hardworking labour
class of Uttar Pradesh aims at creating a regional divide in
the country for petty political gains.
It is clear that the Congress which always "pretended to
be a nationalist party" has stooped low to create regional
fissures in the country, the party said.
Party Secretary and spokesman Daljit Singh Cheema alleged
that the Congress has failed to do anything to help the labour
and working class in the Uttar Pradesh and now it was
misleading them and preventing them from exploring job avenues
in other states.
He said Gandhi should come out with the truth as to why
the Congress failed to deliver when it remained in power for
so long at the Centre. It should also explain what it had done
for the welfare of the people and for containing widespread
unemployment in the country, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant