Cop dismissed from service for abducting, raping minor
Faridkot: A police constable has been dismissed from service for allegedly kidnapping and raping a minor girl, police said.
Kulwinder Singh, a recent recruit undergoing training, was yesterday ordered dismissed following his arrest on Monday by the Inspector General of Police, Nirmal Singh Dhillon of Bathinda Zone.
"Such behaviour from a policeman could not be tolerated", Dhillon said.
Kulwinder allegedly kidnapped the victim on Sunday from her maternal grandfather`s house in Sukhwala village with the help of one Kuldeep Singh, police said.
The accused were arrested after the police recovered the abandoned victim, a class IX student, from Hariewala village near Kotkapura.
The two accused are in police remand, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj