Cop dismissed from service for abducting, raping minor
Faridkot: A police constable has been dismissed from service for allegedly kidnapping and raping a minor girl, police said.
Kulwinder Singh, a recent recruit undergoing training, was yesterday ordered dismissed following his arrest on Monday by the Inspector General of Police, Nirmal Singh Dhillon of Bathinda Zone.
"Such behaviour from a policeman could not be tolerated", Dhillon said.
Kulwinder allegedly kidnapped the victim on Sunday from her maternal grandfather`s house in Sukhwala village with the help of one Kuldeep Singh, police said.
The accused were arrested after the police recovered the abandoned victim, a class IX student, from Hariewala village near Kotkapura.
The two accused are in police remand, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...