Cop dismissed from service for abducting, raping minor
Faridkot: A police constable has been dismissed from service for allegedly kidnapping and raping a minor girl, police said.
Kulwinder Singh, a recent recruit undergoing training, was yesterday ordered dismissed following his arrest on Monday by the Inspector General of Police, Nirmal Singh Dhillon of Bathinda Zone.
"Such behaviour from a policeman could not be tolerated", Dhillon said.
Kulwinder allegedly kidnapped the victim on Sunday from her maternal grandfather`s house in Sukhwala village with the help of one Kuldeep Singh, police said.
The accused were arrested after the police recovered the abandoned victim, a class IX student, from Hariewala village near Kotkapura.
The two accused are in police remand, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'