Cop dismissed from service for abducting, raping minor
Faridkot: A police constable has been dismissed from service for allegedly kidnapping and raping a minor girl, police said.
Kulwinder Singh, a recent recruit undergoing training, was yesterday ordered dismissed following his arrest on Monday by the Inspector General of Police, Nirmal Singh Dhillon of Bathinda Zone.
"Such behaviour from a policeman could not be tolerated", Dhillon said.
Kulwinder allegedly kidnapped the victim on Sunday from her maternal grandfather`s house in Sukhwala village with the help of one Kuldeep Singh, police said.
The accused were arrested after the police recovered the abandoned victim, a class IX student, from Hariewala village near Kotkapura.
The two accused are in police remand, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan