Cop dismissed from service for abducting, raping minor
Faridkot: A police constable has been dismissed from service for allegedly kidnapping and raping a minor girl, police said.
Kulwinder Singh, a recent recruit undergoing training, was yesterday ordered dismissed following his arrest on Monday by the Inspector General of Police, Nirmal Singh Dhillon of Bathinda Zone.
"Such behaviour from a policeman could not be tolerated", Dhillon said.
Kulwinder allegedly kidnapped the victim on Sunday from her maternal grandfather`s house in Sukhwala village with the help of one Kuldeep Singh, police said.
The accused were arrested after the police recovered the abandoned victim, a class IX student, from Hariewala village near Kotkapura.
The two accused are in police remand, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?