Cop killed, 8 injured in group clash in Ludhiana
Ludhiana: A policeman on leave was killed
after being caught in a cross-fire between two groups of
people, allegedly belonging to a party, during a campaign for
the elections to the cooperative society at Ckowki Maan
village in the district.
The incident that occurred Sunday night also left eight
other persons injured, SSP Ludhiana (Rural) HS Chahal said,
adding the deceased was identified as head constable Harvinder
He was on leave in connection with the admission of his
son to a school when he was caught up in the cross firing, the
All the accused have been arrested and weapons recovered.
The warring groups are allegedly belonging to two
different factions of ruling SAD.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!