Cop killed, 8 injured in group clash in Ludhiana
Ludhiana: A policeman on leave was killed
after being caught in a cross-fire between two groups of
people, allegedly belonging to a party, during a campaign for
the elections to the cooperative society at Ckowki Maan
village in the district.
The incident that occurred Sunday night also left eight
other persons injured, SSP Ludhiana (Rural) HS Chahal said,
adding the deceased was identified as head constable Harvinder
He was on leave in connection with the admission of his
son to a school when he was caught up in the cross firing, the
All the accused have been arrested and weapons recovered.
The warring groups are allegedly belonging to two
different factions of ruling SAD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand