Cop killed, 8 injured in group clash in Ludhiana
Ludhiana: A policeman on leave was killed
after being caught in a cross-fire between two groups of
people, allegedly belonging to a party, during a campaign for
the elections to the cooperative society at Ckowki Maan
village in the district.
The incident that occurred Sunday night also left eight
other persons injured, SSP Ludhiana (Rural) HS Chahal said,
adding the deceased was identified as head constable Harvinder
He was on leave in connection with the admission of his
son to a school when he was caught up in the cross firing, the
All the accused have been arrested and weapons recovered.
The warring groups are allegedly belonging to two
different factions of ruling SAD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands