Cop murdered for opposing daughter’s molesters
Amritsar: A policeman was on Wednesday murdered in full public view after he opposed to some men, allegedly including an Akali Dal activist, who were teasing his daughter.
Assistant sub-inspector Ravinderpal Singh was shot dead from point blank range in Chehertha locality here following an argument with the assailants, who later managed to escape from the spot in a car, Police Commissioner Ram Singh said.
The key accused has been identified as Shiromani Akali Dal district urban Secretary Ranbir Singh Rana, Singh said, adding that a police team has been dispatched to arrest the accused.
Ravinderpal was rushed to the hospital with heavy bleeding where he was declared brought dead, he said.
He had reached the spot after being informed by her daughter, a bank employee, who had earlier also complained that she was chased and teased by these youths, he said.
According to Singh, she had told her father that the group of youth would regularly intercept her while on her way to office and pass lewd comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!