Cop, six others get 7-yr jail term for dacoity, blackmailing
Faridkot: A local court has
sentenced a head constable and six other persons, mostly from
electronic media, to seven years rigorous imprisonment for
dacoity and blackmailing.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 22,000 on each of
A case under various sections of IPC and Prevention of
Corruption Act was registered against the accused in October
2008 on the complaint of Binder Singh.
Singh alleged that the accused intercepted his oil
tanker near Ramean village, made video clippings of the tanker
and snatched Rs 1.4 lakh from him.
The accused also threatened to telecast the video in a
report on oil adulteration and demanded Rs five lakh from him.
The accused were identified as Sarup Singh, head
constable at Jaitu police station in the district, Gurmit
Singh, Sukhjit Singh, Harinder Singh, Parminder Singh, Partap
Singh and Satish Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site