Cop, six others get 7-yr jail term for dacoity, blackmailing
Faridkot: A local court has
sentenced a head constable and six other persons, mostly from
electronic media, to seven years rigorous imprisonment for
dacoity and blackmailing.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 22,000 on each of
A case under various sections of IPC and Prevention of
Corruption Act was registered against the accused in October
2008 on the complaint of Binder Singh.
Singh alleged that the accused intercepted his oil
tanker near Ramean village, made video clippings of the tanker
and snatched Rs 1.4 lakh from him.
The accused also threatened to telecast the video in a
report on oil adulteration and demanded Rs five lakh from him.
The accused were identified as Sarup Singh, head
constable at Jaitu police station in the district, Gurmit
Singh, Sukhjit Singh, Harinder Singh, Parminder Singh, Partap
Singh and Satish Kumar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged