Cop, six others get 7-yr jail term for dacoity, blackmailing
Faridkot: A local court has
sentenced a head constable and six other persons, mostly from
electronic media, to seven years rigorous imprisonment for
dacoity and blackmailing.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 22,000 on each of
A case under various sections of IPC and Prevention of
Corruption Act was registered against the accused in October
2008 on the complaint of Binder Singh.
Singh alleged that the accused intercepted his oil
tanker near Ramean village, made video clippings of the tanker
and snatched Rs 1.4 lakh from him.
The accused also threatened to telecast the video in a
report on oil adulteration and demanded Rs five lakh from him.
The accused were identified as Sarup Singh, head
constable at Jaitu police station in the district, Gurmit
Singh, Sukhjit Singh, Harinder Singh, Parminder Singh, Partap
Singh and Satish Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report