Cop, six others get 7-yr jail term for dacoity, blackmailing
Faridkot: A local court has
sentenced a head constable and six other persons, mostly from
electronic media, to seven years rigorous imprisonment for
dacoity and blackmailing.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 22,000 on each of
A case under various sections of IPC and Prevention of
Corruption Act was registered against the accused in October
2008 on the complaint of Binder Singh.
Singh alleged that the accused intercepted his oil
tanker near Ramean village, made video clippings of the tanker
and snatched Rs 1.4 lakh from him.
The accused also threatened to telecast the video in a
report on oil adulteration and demanded Rs five lakh from him.
The accused were identified as Sarup Singh, head
constable at Jaitu police station in the district, Gurmit
Singh, Sukhjit Singh, Harinder Singh, Parminder Singh, Partap
Singh and Satish Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday