Couple kills child, commits suicide in Ambala
Ambala: A couple killed their six-year-old son before committing suicide allegedly due to unemployment and abysmal poverty.
Rajeev Sabharwal (43) and his wife Renu (38) gave poison to their son Tushar (6) before consuming it themselves this morning.
Rajeev was unemployed for the last two years and under depression for not being able to pay various debts, police said.
"His (Rajeev) relatives were offering him financial help, but it was not sufficient to run the family," a police official said.
A suicide note, recovered from the spot, read that no one should be held accountable for the extreme step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM