Couple kills child, commits suicide in Ambala
Ambala: A couple killed their six-year-old son before committing suicide allegedly due to unemployment and abysmal poverty.
Rajeev Sabharwal (43) and his wife Renu (38) gave poison to their son Tushar (6) before consuming it themselves this morning.
Rajeev was unemployed for the last two years and under depression for not being able to pay various debts, police said.
"His (Rajeev) relatives were offering him financial help, but it was not sufficient to run the family," a police official said.
A suicide note, recovered from the spot, read that no one should be held accountable for the extreme step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security