Couple kills child, commits suicide in Ambala
Ambala: A couple killed their six-year-old son before committing suicide allegedly due to unemployment and abysmal poverty.
Rajeev Sabharwal (43) and his wife Renu (38) gave poison to their son Tushar (6) before consuming it themselves this morning.
Rajeev was unemployed for the last two years and under depression for not being able to pay various debts, police said.
"His (Rajeev) relatives were offering him financial help, but it was not sufficient to run the family," a police official said.
A suicide note, recovered from the spot, read that no one should be held accountable for the extreme step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video