Court awards 10 yrs jail to terrorist Rajoana
Patiala: A court here Wednesday awarded ten years rigorous imprisonment (RI) to terrorist Balwant Singh Rajoana under an Explosive Act case.
Additional Session Judge Sanjeev Beri sentenced him in a case registered in 1995 at Rajpura under Explosives Act.
The court has fixed February 16, as next date of hearing in another case registered against him under the Arms Act.
Punjab police had arrested Rajoana in 1995 with around 80 kgs of RDX at Rajpura in Patiala district following which a case was registered against him. He is lodged in high security jail here.
Rajoana is also facing death sentence for assassination of former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh and his execution was scheduled for March 31 last year.
On March 28 last year, the Home Ministry stayed his execution following clemency appeals filed by the SGPC, a Sikh religious organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi