Court awards 10 yrs jail to terrorist Rajoana
Patiala: A court here Wednesday awarded ten years rigorous imprisonment (RI) to terrorist Balwant Singh Rajoana under an Explosive Act case.
Additional Session Judge Sanjeev Beri sentenced him in a case registered in 1995 at Rajpura under Explosives Act.
The court has fixed February 16, as next date of hearing in another case registered against him under the Arms Act.
Punjab police had arrested Rajoana in 1995 with around 80 kgs of RDX at Rajpura in Patiala district following which a case was registered against him. He is lodged in high security jail here.
Rajoana is also facing death sentence for assassination of former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh and his execution was scheduled for March 31 last year.
On March 28 last year, the Home Ministry stayed his execution following clemency appeals filed by the SGPC, a Sikh religious organisation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India