Court awards 10 yrs jail to terrorist Rajoana
Patiala: A court here Wednesday awarded ten years rigorous imprisonment (RI) to terrorist Balwant Singh Rajoana under an Explosive Act case.
Additional Session Judge Sanjeev Beri sentenced him in a case registered in 1995 at Rajpura under Explosives Act.
The court has fixed February 16, as next date of hearing in another case registered against him under the Arms Act.
Punjab police had arrested Rajoana in 1995 with around 80 kgs of RDX at Rajpura in Patiala district following which a case was registered against him. He is lodged in high security jail here.
Rajoana is also facing death sentence for assassination of former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh and his execution was scheduled for March 31 last year.
On March 28 last year, the Home Ministry stayed his execution following clemency appeals filed by the SGPC, a Sikh religious organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation