Court awards 10 yrs jail to terrorist Rajoana
Patiala: A court here Wednesday awarded ten years rigorous imprisonment (RI) to terrorist Balwant Singh Rajoana under an Explosive Act case.
Additional Session Judge Sanjeev Beri sentenced him in a case registered in 1995 at Rajpura under Explosives Act.
The court has fixed February 16, as next date of hearing in another case registered against him under the Arms Act.
Punjab police had arrested Rajoana in 1995 with around 80 kgs of RDX at Rajpura in Patiala district following which a case was registered against him. He is lodged in high security jail here.
Rajoana is also facing death sentence for assassination of former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh and his execution was scheduled for March 31 last year.
On March 28 last year, the Home Ministry stayed his execution following clemency appeals filed by the SGPC, a Sikh religious organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued