Court disallows narco test of Babbar Khalsa terrorist
Hoshiarpur: A local court here on Saturday turned down a Punjab Police plea for a narco analysis test of Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) terrorist Makhan Singh.
Makhan, a close associate of Pakistan-based Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), was arrested by Uttar Pradesh police early this month. He is currently in the custody of Punjab Police.
"The court has denied us the permission for doing the narco test. Makhan has close links in Pakistan and he has not divulged its details so far. We would try to get this information during interrogation," deputy police superintendent of Hoshiarpur GS Parmar told a news agency on Saturday.
Makhan and his accomplice Karanbir Singh, another Babbar Khalsa terrorist, had shot dead Sant Pardhan Singh in Hoshiarpur, around 120 km from Chandigarh, in January this year. Karanbir is still on the run.
Makhan lived in Pakistan for around ten years, and was trained to use weapons, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read