Court disallows narco test of Babbar Khalsa terrorist
Hoshiarpur: A local court here on Saturday turned down a Punjab Police plea for a narco analysis test of Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) terrorist Makhan Singh.
Makhan, a close associate of Pakistan-based Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), was arrested by Uttar Pradesh police early this month. He is currently in the custody of Punjab Police.
"The court has denied us the permission for doing the narco test. Makhan has close links in Pakistan and he has not divulged its details so far. We would try to get this information during interrogation," deputy police superintendent of Hoshiarpur GS Parmar told a news agency on Saturday.
Makhan and his accomplice Karanbir Singh, another Babbar Khalsa terrorist, had shot dead Sant Pardhan Singh in Hoshiarpur, around 120 km from Chandigarh, in January this year. Karanbir is still on the run.
Makhan lived in Pakistan for around ten years, and was trained to use weapons, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30