CPS resigns for CBI probe into graft charge against minister
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Parliamentary
Secretary (CPS), who levelled corruption charges against
Health Minister Laxmi Kanta Chawla, today submitted his
resignation to Chief Minister.
In his "conditional" resignation letter, Jagdish Sahni,
the BJP MLA from Batala has sought a CBI probe into the
allegations against the minister.
Sahni, who was locked in a verbal spat with Chawla till
BJP leadership asked them not to air their views publicly,
called on Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and submitted a
three-page resignation letter detailing a list of around 20
charges against Chawla.
Sahni said his resignation be accepted only if he had done
something wrong which damaged the image of the party.
This was Sahni`s third resignation letter in the past few
days with the earlier two being handed over to state BJP chief
Ashwini Sharma and BJP president Nitin Gadkari.
Sahni said he had only protested against Chawla`s "high
handedness" and alleged that the minister had indulged in
corruption in purchase of generators, unfair distribution of
opium to manufacturers of Ayurvedic medicine and re-employment
of retired personnel.
Meanwhile, sources said the resignation was not yet
accepted by the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...