Create new opportunities for youth: Punjab Guv
Chandigarh: Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil on Friday asked all the universities of the state to create new opportunities for youths in different disciplines of education, especially in research and development programmes.
"Our universities are doing good in imparting quality education to students but they are lagging behind in extension and research areas," he said in a meeting with chancellors and vice-chancellors of universities operating in Punjab.
All the universities should have prospective plan for 10 to 15 years to get desired results for overall development, he said.
Describing the universities as powerful instrument of change, Patil said their role has become all the more important as country`s economy is surging ahead.
Chancellors and Vice Chancellors of universities including Punjabi University, Patiala, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana were present in the meeting.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference