Create new opportunities for youth: Punjab Guv
Chandigarh: Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil on Friday asked all the universities of the state to create new opportunities for youths in different disciplines of education, especially in research and development programmes.
"Our universities are doing good in imparting quality education to students but they are lagging behind in extension and research areas," he said in a meeting with chancellors and vice-chancellors of universities operating in Punjab.
All the universities should have prospective plan for 10 to 15 years to get desired results for overall development, he said.
Describing the universities as powerful instrument of change, Patil said their role has become all the more important as country`s economy is surging ahead.
Chancellors and Vice Chancellors of universities including Punjabi University, Patiala, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it