Create new opportunities for youth: Punjab Guv
Chandigarh: Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil on Friday asked all the universities of the state to create new opportunities for youths in different disciplines of education, especially in research and development programmes.
"Our universities are doing good in imparting quality education to students but they are lagging behind in extension and research areas," he said in a meeting with chancellors and vice-chancellors of universities operating in Punjab.
All the universities should have prospective plan for 10 to 15 years to get desired results for overall development, he said.
Describing the universities as powerful instrument of change, Patil said their role has become all the more important as country`s economy is surging ahead.
Chancellors and Vice Chancellors of universities including Punjabi University, Patiala, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!