Create new opportunities for youth: Punjab Guv
Chandigarh: Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil on Friday asked all the universities of the state to create new opportunities for youths in different disciplines of education, especially in research and development programmes.
"Our universities are doing good in imparting quality education to students but they are lagging behind in extension and research areas," he said in a meeting with chancellors and vice-chancellors of universities operating in Punjab.
All the universities should have prospective plan for 10 to 15 years to get desired results for overall development, he said.
Describing the universities as powerful instrument of change, Patil said their role has become all the more important as country`s economy is surging ahead.
Chancellors and Vice Chancellors of universities including Punjabi University, Patiala, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary