Create new opportunities for youth: Punjab Guv
Chandigarh: Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil on Friday asked all the universities of the state to create new opportunities for youths in different disciplines of education, especially in research and development programmes.
"Our universities are doing good in imparting quality education to students but they are lagging behind in extension and research areas," he said in a meeting with chancellors and vice-chancellors of universities operating in Punjab.
All the universities should have prospective plan for 10 to 15 years to get desired results for overall development, he said.
Describing the universities as powerful instrument of change, Patil said their role has become all the more important as country`s economy is surging ahead.
Chancellors and Vice Chancellors of universities including Punjabi University, Patiala, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Scientists produce rare wood bison calves through IVF
- Munich pulls together after shopping mall shooting
- West Indies legend Vivian Richards hails Virat Kohli's 'magnificent' innings
- Indian aid worker Judith D'Souza rescued from captors in Afghanistan returns home
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility