Curb social evils: Badal to religious leaders
Moga: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday asked religious leaders to play a pro-active role in eliminating social evils plaguing the society.
Spiritual leaders could play a vital role in curbing the drug menace and other social maladies, he told a religious congregation here.
They should make all out efforts to preach the tenets of Sikhism which could help in curbing social evils, the Chief Minister, who paid obeisance at Nanaksar Thath, said.
He asked people to "follow the footsteps of our great Gurus who preached us to serve mankind with utmost dedication and devotion".
Lauding the contributions of Nanaksar sect in spreading Sikhism, Badal said the sect had made valuable contributions in social and religious fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’