Curb social evils: Badal to religious leaders
Moga: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday asked religious leaders to play a pro-active role in eliminating social evils plaguing the society.
Spiritual leaders could play a vital role in curbing the drug menace and other social maladies, he told a religious congregation here.
They should make all out efforts to preach the tenets of Sikhism which could help in curbing social evils, the Chief Minister, who paid obeisance at Nanaksar Thath, said.
He asked people to "follow the footsteps of our great Gurus who preached us to serve mankind with utmost dedication and devotion".
Lauding the contributions of Nanaksar sect in spreading Sikhism, Badal said the sect had made valuable contributions in social and religious fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'Jurassic World 2' to begin production in Hawaii next year
- Liam Payne will reunite with One Direction, says his sister
- Orlando Bloom 'happy' for Miranda Kerr
- Planning to visit Africa? Check out these top 5 places for sure
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?