Curb social evils: Badal to religious leaders
Moga: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday asked religious leaders to play a pro-active role in eliminating social evils plaguing the society.
Spiritual leaders could play a vital role in curbing the drug menace and other social maladies, he told a religious congregation here.
They should make all out efforts to preach the tenets of Sikhism which could help in curbing social evils, the Chief Minister, who paid obeisance at Nanaksar Thath, said.
He asked people to "follow the footsteps of our great Gurus who preached us to serve mankind with utmost dedication and devotion".
Lauding the contributions of Nanaksar sect in spreading Sikhism, Badal said the sect had made valuable contributions in social and religious fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country