Curb social evils: Badal to religious leaders
Moga: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday asked religious leaders to play a pro-active role in eliminating social evils plaguing the society.
Spiritual leaders could play a vital role in curbing the drug menace and other social maladies, he told a religious congregation here.
They should make all out efforts to preach the tenets of Sikhism which could help in curbing social evils, the Chief Minister, who paid obeisance at Nanaksar Thath, said.
He asked people to "follow the footsteps of our great Gurus who preached us to serve mankind with utmost dedication and devotion".
Lauding the contributions of Nanaksar sect in spreading Sikhism, Badal said the sect had made valuable contributions in social and religious fields.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources