Curb social evils: Badal to religious leaders
Moga: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday asked religious leaders to play a pro-active role in eliminating social evils plaguing the society.
Spiritual leaders could play a vital role in curbing the drug menace and other social maladies, he told a religious congregation here.
They should make all out efforts to preach the tenets of Sikhism which could help in curbing social evils, the Chief Minister, who paid obeisance at Nanaksar Thath, said.
He asked people to "follow the footsteps of our great Gurus who preached us to serve mankind with utmost dedication and devotion".
Lauding the contributions of Nanaksar sect in spreading Sikhism, Badal said the sect had made valuable contributions in social and religious fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing