Curfew relaxed in Ludhiana
Ludhiana: Curfew was Tuesday relaxed in this
violence-hit industrial town of Punjab with the situation
returning to normalcy, a senior police official said.
"The curfew has been relaxed during the day in all the 18
police stations of the district. The situation is completely
normal," Ludhiana`s Senior Superintendent of Police, S S Gill
Life is returning to normalcy as all shops, commercial
establishments and educational institutions opened, including
Punjab Agricultural University, Tuesday, he said.
Gill said though police continued to remain deployed in
strength at sensitive points, no untoward incident had been
reported from anywhere so far.
Yesterday, the Punjab bandh call given by some radical
Sikh organisations to protest Saturday`s violence at Ludhiana
in which one person was killed had evoked mixed response.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?