Czech Republic Ambassador calls on Punjab minister
Chandigarh: Czech Republic Ambassador Miloslav Stasek on Wednesday called on a Punjab government minister and held talks for close cooperation in the fields of energy and water treatment.
Stasek met Industry and Technical Education Minister Madan Mohan Mittal here and held talks pertaining to close cooperation in the fields of renewable energy, biomass and water treatment.
Stasek informed during the meeting that a Czech Republic delegation would visit the state in May to discuss the possibilities to initiate projects in these fields with mutual cooperation.
He said the motive of Czech Republic government is to reduce environmental pollution through the projects.
Mittal discussed with Stasek the initiatives of Punjab government to make energy from agricultural waste.
The minister said recently the state government has sanctioned 250 MW capacity solar energy plants.
The state government has recently announced fiscal incentives under new industrial policy, in which up to 90 per cent VAT and CST, property tax and stamp duty retention was given to industries having investment of Rs 1 to Rs 100 crore, he said.
The Minister sought cooperation to improve the standard of technical education in the state, adding four multi-skill centres are being established in the state to fulfil the requirement of new emerging industrial sector.
A new technical university is also to be set up at Bathinda, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing