DA of Punjab govt employees hiked
Chandigarh: The dearness allowance paid to
government employees in Punjab has been hiked from 27 to 35
per cent on the pattern of central government employees.
Making the announcement here today, Punjab Finance
Minister Manpreet Singh Badal said the hike which takes effect
from January one this year would put an additional burden of
Rs 713.89 crore on the state exchequer in the current fiscal.
The Minister said that the decision would also benefit the
pensioners and they would be paid 8 per cent Additional DA.
He said that the arrears of the DA till May 31, 2010 would
be deposited in the GPF of the employees and would be paid in
cash from June one, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes