DA of Punjab govt employees hiked
Chandigarh: The dearness allowance paid to
government employees in Punjab has been hiked from 27 to 35
per cent on the pattern of central government employees.
Making the announcement here today, Punjab Finance
Minister Manpreet Singh Badal said the hike which takes effect
from January one this year would put an additional burden of
Rs 713.89 crore on the state exchequer in the current fiscal.
The Minister said that the decision would also benefit the
pensioners and they would be paid 8 per cent Additional DA.
He said that the arrears of the DA till May 31, 2010 would
be deposited in the GPF of the employees and would be paid in
cash from June one, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi