DA of Punjab govt employees hiked
Chandigarh: The dearness allowance paid to
government employees in Punjab has been hiked from 27 to 35
per cent on the pattern of central government employees.
Making the announcement here today, Punjab Finance
Minister Manpreet Singh Badal said the hike which takes effect
from January one this year would put an additional burden of
Rs 713.89 crore on the state exchequer in the current fiscal.
The Minister said that the decision would also benefit the
pensioners and they would be paid 8 per cent Additional DA.
He said that the arrears of the DA till May 31, 2010 would
be deposited in the GPF of the employees and would be paid in
cash from June one, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming