Dal Khalsa accuses Badal of playing vote-bank politics
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa on Tuesday said Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal`s move to provide sops to migrant labourers amply demonstrated he was playing vote bank politics which would harm state`s interest.
The increasing influx and settlement of migrants had brought "negative and unwanted changes" in the state, Dal Khalsa spokesman Kanwar Pal Singh said.
"Badal has failed to realise that the influx of migrants has had serious socio-economic-cultural ramification for Sikhs in particular and Punjab in general," he said.
"By encouraging them to get settled in the state, the SAD has joined the club of parties, including the BJP and the Congress, serving the interest of Delhi," he said.
Accusing Badal of playing harmful vote-bank politics, the Dal Khalsa leader said "why has the Akali government not provided the same facilities (free education, health-care, housing, etc) to Dalits in Punjab?"
"It is clearly vote-bank politics that will harm the interests of Punjab," he said.
Yesterday, lauding the role of migrant labourers in the overall development of Punjab, Badal said his government would provide free education and health-care facilities to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'